The Supreme Court, bastion of conservatism

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
    Damon's Kavanaugh was funny. I wish they could get someone that funny for Trump.
    It was a mistake to boot Hammond in favor of Baldwin. Baldwin's trump is good for a chuckle but stopped being funny after about 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

• This might explain how Dr. Ford passed that two question polygraph test...

Christine Blasey Ford ex-boyfriend says she helped friend prep for potential polygraph; Grassley sounds alarm

In a letter released Tuesday and obtained by Fox News, an ex-boyfriend of Christine Blasey Ford, the California professor accusing Brett Kavanaugh of sexual assault, seemingly contradicts her testimony under oath last week that she had never helped anyone prepare for a polygraph examination.

The former boyfriend, whose name was redacted, also said Ford neither mentioned Kavanaugh nor said she was a victim of sexual misconduct during the time they were dating from about 1992 to 1998. He said he saw Ford helping a woman he believed was her "life-long best friend" prepare for a potential polygraph test. He added that the woman had been interviewing for jobs with the FBI and U.S. Attorney's office.

He also claimed Ford never voiced any fear of flying (even while aboard a propeller plane) and seemingly had no problem living in a small, 500 sq. ft. apartment with one door -- apparently contradicting her claims that she could not testify promptly in D.C. because she felt uncomfortable traveling on planes, as well as her suggestion that her memories of Kavanuagh's alleged assault prompted her to feel unsafe living in a closed space or one without a second front door.

Ford "never expressed a fear of closed quarters, tight spaces, or places with only one exit," the former boyfriend wrote. On Thursday, Ford testified, "I was hoping to avoid getting on an airplane. But I eventually was able to get up the gumption with the help of some friends and get on the plane." She also acknowledged regularly -- and, in her words, "unfortunately" -- traveling on planes for work and hobbies.

Ford also told Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., that she had a second front door installed in her home because of "anxiety, phobia and PTSD-like symptoms" that she purportedly suffered in the wake of Kavanaugh's alleged attack at a house party in the 1980s -- "more especially, claustrophobia, panic and that type of thing."

In a pointed, no-holds-barred letter Tuesday evening that referenced the ex-boyfriend's declaration, Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley demanded that attorneys for Ford turn over her therapist notes and other key materials, and suggested she was intentionally less than truthful about her experience with polygraph examinations during Thursday's dramatic Senate hearing.

"Your continued withholding of material evidence despite multiple requests is unacceptable as the Senate exercises its constitutional responsibility of advice and consent for a judicial nomination," Grassley, R-Iowa, wrote.

Under questioning from experienced sex-crimes prosecutor Rachel Mitchell last week, Ford said that she had "never" had "any discussions with anyone ... on how to take a polygraph" or "given any tips or advice to anyone who was looking to take a polygraph test." She repeatedly said the process was stressful and uncomfortable.

But in his declaration, the ex-boyfriend wrote that, "I witnessed Dr. Ford help [Monica L.] McLean prepare for a potential polygraph exam" and that Ford had "explained in detail what to expect, how polygraphs worked and helped [her] become familiar and less nervous about the exam," using her background in psychology.

[...]
      https://www.foxnews.com/politics/chr...y-sounds-alarm
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
        It was a mistake to boot Hammond in favor of Baldwin. Baldwin's trump is good for a chuckle but stopped being funny after about 5 minutes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
        I thought Baldwin was pretty funny, but my favorite sketches are the ones with his sons.

Comment

• Hmm... damage control time for the Dems?

"I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I do find it odd that Ford hasn't turned over her therapist's notes.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              I do find it odd that Ford hasn't turned over her therapist's notes.
              Or the tapes of the polygraph test.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                I do find it odd that Ford hasn't turned over her therapist's notes.

I don’t. If there isn’t anything else of note other than what was already mentioned it makes sense. It would open her most personal and vulnerable to moments to ridicule. I don’t blame her for not wanting that stuff to turn into meme fodder for people like Ted.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  I don’t. If there isn’t anything else of note other than what was already mentioned it makes sense. It would open her most personal and vulnerable to moments to ridicule. I don’t blame her for not wanting that stuff to turn into meme fodder for people like Ted.
                  But you are totally okay with Kavanaugh having all of his stuff open to everything. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    Or the tapes of the polygraph test.
                    Are you calling this Dem an obstructionist?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I remember when the NYT and Washington Post could claim with a straight face that they had no political bias. Those days are over. They are doing all they can to completely destroy Kavanaugh, professionally and personallhy. They are throwing everything available at him, front pages, the editorial pages, everywhere. He is being ridiculed for getting choked up talking about the tradition he shares with his father of keeping a calendar, he has been accused of being a closet alcoholic, in addition to a purjerier, sexually asaaulting a fifteen year old, and abatting gang rape. According to the NYT, his rage is not about defending himself against a terrible accusation, but all about white male rage at loss of privilege. The NYT, which I mainly read, makes the Wall Street Journal appear perfectly objective, whcih has caused me to pay more attention to the Journal than I have. I have for a couple of years been questioning whether the NYT lacks the temperament to be our nation’s leading newspaper. I think that the way Trump has overall impoverished our national discourse may be the biggest damage he’s done. We’re all in the gutter with him.

But of course the Left actually does see this nomination as an existentional struggle, so they are trying to succeed by any available means.
                      Last edited by SeattleUte; 10-03-2018, 07:04 AM.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        But you are totally okay with Kavanaugh having all of his stuff open to everything. Interesting.
                        Good lord, reread my post. If the notes are relevant than yes, release that info. I said I don’t blame her just giving complete access to her psychological notes. How we see Kavanaugh’s medical records and any history of substance abuse treatment?

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          I remember when the NYT and Washington Post could claim with a straight face that they had no political bias. Those days are over. They are doing all they can to completely destroy Kavanaugh, professionally and personallhy. They are throwing everything available at him, front pages, the editorial pages, everywhere. He is being ridiculed for getting choked up talking about the tradition he shares with his father of keeping a calendar, he has been accused of being a closet alcoholic, in addition to a purjerier, sexually asaaulting a fifteen year old, and abatting gang rape. According to the NYT, his rage is not about defending himself against a terrible accusation, but all about white male rage at loss of privilege. The NYT, which I mainly read, makes the Wall Street Journal appear perfectly objective, whcih has caused me to pay more attention to the Journal than I have. I have for a couple of years been questioning whether the NYT lacks the temperament to be our nation’s leading newspaper. I think that the way Trump has overall impoverished our national discourse may be the biggest damage he’s done. We’re all in the gutter with him.

But of course the Left actually does see this nomination as an existentional struggle, so they are trying to succeed by any available means.

Comment

I remember when the NYT and Washington Post could claim with a straight face that they had no political bias. Those days are over. They are doing all they can to completely destroy Kavanaugh, professionally and personallhy. They are throwing everything available at him, front pages, the editorial pages, everywhere. He is being ridiculed for getting choked up talking about the tradition he shares with his father of keeping a calendar, he has been accused of being a closet alcoholic, in addition to a purjerier, sexually asaaulting a fifteen year old, and abatting gang rape. According to the NYT, his rage is not about defending himself against a terrible accusation, but all about white male rage at loss of privilege. The NYT, which I mainly read, makes the Wall Street Journal appear perfectly objective, whcih has caused me to pay more attention to the Journal than I have. I have for a couple of years been questioning whether the NYT lacks the temperament to be our nation’s leading newspaper. I think that the way Trump has overall impoverished our national discourse may be the biggest damage he’s done. We’re all in the gutter with him.

As you know, I rarely agree with you, but I agree with this completely. I think the coarsening of public discourse began before Trump. I think it started a more rapid decline with Watergate and the release of the Nixon tapes with their many "expletive deleted" parentheticals and it took another leap downward when we rolled in the mud with Clinton as he argued about what "is" is and what, exactly, he did with the cigar in the oval office. Trump then takes us to almost unimaginably low levels but now the descent is hurried, rather than balanced, by the media's obviously biased obsessions and desperate grab for revenues.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                              Kind of like how I said Ford didn't need to be interviewed by the FBI. What is there are other relevant bits of info in the records? You normally don't trust people with skin in the game to tell you what's in the documents.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I wonder what kind of work arounds the left would try. Right now the right holds the majority and executive. Once it goes to the left, what will happen? The courts not limited to 9, right? Maybe they just add a couple more liberal judges.

Edit: Is it a simple majority to pass the change of the number of justices?

Comment

Working...
                                X