Obamacare cost...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
    He said his plan would save families $2,500/year. What are you doing with extra $2,500?
    I'm using my $2,500 in savings to help pay for my premium increases. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave any to help pay for the increased medical costs too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
      I'm using my $2,500 in savings to help pay for my premium increases. Unfortunately, that doesn't leave any to help pay for the increased medical costs too.
      What about "elections have consequences" did you not understand?
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

• Why people hate ObamaCare

I'm trying to understand what it is about ObamaCare that so many people seem to think is so terrible.

I've actually been using the Affordable Care Act (it's other name) for more than a year and it made a huge difference for me being able to afford medical coverage. I've switched to something else just recently that works better for my particular case and will get me through until I qualify for MediCare.

So I'm wondering if any of you political scholars, on either side of the health care debate, could explain to me what the big drawbacks are. Because from where I'm standing, it seems like a great thing.

Comment

• Don't we already have an Obamacare thread? Where's donuthole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
            Don't we already have an Obamacare thread? Where's donuthole
            No we don't have an Obamacare thread. We have 20 of them. For reals.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/search....archid=2710184
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              No we don't have an Obamacare thread. We have 20 of them. For reals.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/search....archid=2710184
              I get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." when clicking on your link above, and my own search didn't turn up anything either, which is the only reason I started this one.

Could one of you at least point me at the one thread that best answers my original query and I'll go study that?

Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                I get "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms." when clicking on your link above, and my own search didn't turn up anything either, which is the only reason I started this one.

Could one of you at least point me at the one thread that best answers my original query and I'll go study that?

Thanks.
                Obamacare.jpg

Here, this should get you started

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ight=Obamacare

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Thank you. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Now JL, please merge this with one of the linked threads.

Comment

Thank you. I appreciate it.
                      Feel free to resurrect one of those threads though. Just because people have hashed it out here, it does not mean we don't want to hear your thoughts and perspective.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                        Feel free to resurrect one of those threads though. Just because people have hashed it out here, it does not mean we don't want to hear your thoughts and perspective.
                        Agreed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                          It's going to take me a couple of days to dig through those. I'll post something on one or more of them when I get to that point. Is there a way to get this one locked now?

Comment

It's going to take me a couple of days to dig through those. I'll post something on one or more of them when I get to that point. Is there a way to get this one locked now?
                            No need. Although we are thread Nazis, we don't lock threads.
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Merged!
                              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I'm trying to understand what it is about ObamaCare that so many people seem to think is so terrible.

I've actually been using the Affordable Care Act (it's other name) for more than a year and it made a huge difference for me being able to afford medical coverage. I've switched to something else just recently that works better for my particular case and will get me through until I qualify for MediCare.

So I'm wondering if any of you political scholars, on either side of the health care debate, could explain to me what the big drawbacks are. Because from where I'm standing, it seems like a great thing.
                                I'll take a stab at this. I know people that hate it because it forced them to lose the health insurance plan they were on and they had to get a plan with less coverage and higher premiums. They also lost their doctor, who wasn't covered under the new plan. Changing doctors can suck, especially when you have a chronic issue.

I also know companies that hate it because of the increased taxes. Companies don't like to pay increased taxes and this forced a number of taxes on companies that have their own health plans. I think I documented how this impacted by then current employer when Obamacare cam out all those years ago. Many unionized forces took large one time hits due to the elimination of certain tax benefits under the old Medicare Part D act.

I don't like Obamacare because it doesn't work very well. The exchange idea was poorly setup in the legislation adn the penalties for not being insured have very little teeth. The reduction in HSA contribution limit is also annoying. Obamacare didn't fix the issues that existed in healthcare. When people complain that all those people are going to lose health insurance if Obamacare is repealed, they are talking about the Medicaid expansion people, which technically occured under Obamacare, but the central figure in Obamacare (health care exchanges) has failed miserably.
                                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X