X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
    The south is overrated.

My ADR6300 doesn't even acknowledge SJSU
    "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
      Houston traffic isn't bad at all, compared to other large cities I have lived in or visited.

The humidity is bad.
      If only I had your commute. You should try driving I-45 on Friday afternoon around 5pm. Highway 290 or the Gulf Freeway are the worst though.

The humidity is great for me. I actually have medical reasons for loving the humidity. It can suck sometimes though like when I walked out of my house this mornind and my neighborhood smelled like wet dog. Granted it rained like crazy last night so it doesn't always smell like that.
      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
        Aside from your insistence on calling beef barbecue, I'd agree with this. Houston's a nice place if you get rid of all the traffic and humidity.
        I was going to invite you over for some smoked brisket but now I think I'm going to withhold the invitation. I'll have you know I'm smoking a pork butt on General Conference weekend. If you have any good finishing sauce recipes (preferably vinegar based - are there any other kinds?) send them my way.
        "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
          If only I had your commute. You should try driving I-45 on Friday afternoon around 5pm. Highway 290 or the Gulf Freeway are the worst though.

The humidity is great for me. I actually have medical reasons for loving the humidity. It can suck sometimes though like when I walked out of my house this mornind and my neighborhood smelled like wet dog. Granted it rained like crazy last night so it doesn't always smell like that.
          True enough. I avoid 59 south of downtown an 290/45 during rush hour. But with the hardy toll road 45 doesn't bug me that much anyway. 290 is a mess.
          Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

Originally posted by Eddie Jones View Post
            I was going to invite you over for some smoked brisket but now I think I'm going to withhold the invitation. I'll have you know I'm smoking a pork butt on General Conference weekend. If you have any good finishing sauce recipes (preferably vinegar based - are there any other kinds?) send them my way.
            Sadly, I've never had much luck with vinegar sauces; I usually just buy them.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Sadly, I've never had much luck with vinegar sauces...
              Just squeeze BYU71 extra hard.
              Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                The south is overrated.
                Which is saying something, since it isn't even rated very high in the first place.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Friday was day # 86 of 90+ degree weather this year in the CLT. Last year there were 28 days total. Fortunately, I get my style suggestions from UteStar and The Situation so I'm always in cool mode.
                  I have nothing else to say at this time.

Comment

It was 95F here yesterday. Chance of rain today is 100%, so I'm expecting a cooling trend...finally.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Send it our way, please. It's frickin' 93F here. And yes, you're state counts. (when it supports my argument).
                      This seems pretty normal to me.

We were at the Ole Miss game last night and the weather was lovely.
                      What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                      -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

It was 95F here yesterday. Chance of rain today is 100%, so I'm expecting a cooling trend...finally.
                        I remember going trick-or-treating in Memphis at 7 p.m. at night and it was 95 degrees. It doesn't really cool down around here until November.
                        What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                        -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Aside from your insistence on calling beef barbecue, I'd agree with this. Houston's a nice place if you get rid of all the traffic and humidity.
                          Houston is Hell on Earth, except for the winter.
                          "Don't expect I'll see you 'till after the race"

"So where does the power come from to see the race to its end...from within"

Comment

We got some moisture today. We're thankful for it.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorcoug View Post
                              Houston is Hell on Earth, except for the winter.
                              It was 84 degrees today and dry. Very nice weather. In fact it was nice enough that I wore a sportcoat to church.

Halloween in Houston is fun. The kids get to show off their costumes as they don'nt have to cover them up with heavy coats or even jackets. Parents walk down the road with drinks in their hands. Neighbors sit in their driveways to hand out candy. It's actually quite lovely here from late September to late December and then again from March through early June.

Comment

Originally posted by TheAzzuri View Post
                                As a former greater Houston area resident and a current Birmingham resident, I agree with the sentiments re: heat and humidity.

I will say that it has at least started to cool off at night here and the nights are actually quite pleasant.
                                We just visited Birmingham and I was surprised by how much I really liked it. The McWane Science Center was a lot of fun. The city had more character than I expected. I wish we had more time to do more things. (The only bad thing was we went to the WORST Thai restaurant on the planet. All I can say is was they served us instant rice.)
                                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Working...
                                X