2017-2018 BYU hoops........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    I have faith that Tillie will not continue making 100% of his 3 pt shots during the tournament as he has thus far. That's got to improve BYU's chances.
    you were right, he only shot 75% from three against BYU!
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      Gonzaga is playing at a ridiculously high level right now, similar to last year.

Comment

Swish!

It sure seemed like Monday night BYU was moving the ball, driving and dishing, and getting better looks. But last night, they were spreading out, running that little weave thing they do with the screens up top, but then trying to play 1 on 1 ball. The drives all went for shots, passing was off.

Gonzaga is a good team. I'm sure they had something to do with it.

Maybe Seljiaas needs to go finish his mission now. He sure has had a rough season once they got into conference play. Time for a do-over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
          Swish!

It sure seemed like Monday night BYU was moving the ball, driving and dishing, and getting better looks. But last night, they were spreading out, running that little weave thing they do with the screens up top, but then trying to play 1 on 1 ball. The drives all went for shots, passing was off.

Gonzaga is a good team. I'm sure they had something to do with it.

Maybe Seljiaas needs to go finish his mission now. He sure has had a rough season once they got into conference play. Time for a do-over.
          Gonzaga plays great defense. Always makes me jealous.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

But didn't Yoeli continue shooting 100% from 3? How did we lose?!
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I've beat this drum before, but holding the roster together this offseason is going to be key to improving. I looked it up over the last several years. This season only 4 players who actually played were on the team last year. There are 13 scholarship players, so only bringing back 4-7 from the previous year, every year basically since Jimmer left is not going to give you good enough continuity.

Year by year here are the only players who played the previous year. I'm not including players who sat out the year injured. 2015 and 2013 had the most coming back (7). We got a 10 seed in the NCAA tournament in 2015, but that was when Collinsworth blew out his knee in the conference tournament.

2018 (likely NIT): Haws, Bryant, Childs, Dastrup
              2017 (NIT): Aytes, Emery, Kaufusi, Shaw
              2016 (NIT): Austin, Collinsworth, Fischer, Kaufusi, Toolson
              2015 (NCAA): Bartley, Collinsworth, Halford, Tyler Haws, Sharp, Winder, Worthington
              2014 (NCAA): Austin, Carlino, Tyler Haws, Sharp, Winder
              2013: (NIT): Austin, Carlino, Cusick, Davies, Sharp, Winder, Zylstra

Let's just freaking hold the team together this offseason.
              Last edited by BlueK; 03-07-2018, 11:35 AM.

Comment

• good to beat smc. we were never winning that gonzaga game, especially on such a short turnaround. excited about the future, especially if seljass can learn how to shoot again
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                  good to beat smc. we were never winning that gonzaga game, especially on such a short turnaround. excited about the future, especially if seljass can learn how to shoot again
                  I think we may be over by a scholarship or two next year, so there will probably still be some attrition. But if all the key pieces are back and the number coming back is at least 8-9, then I think we'll be ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    But didn't Yoeli continue shooting 100% from 3? How did we lose?!
                    no. he missed one. now you know why we lost. effing Childs.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                      good to beat smc. we were never winning that gonzaga game, especially on such a short turnaround. excited about the future, especially if seljass can learn how to shoot again
                      Yoeli could have a crazy good year next season. So much potential.
                      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        Yoeli could have a crazy good year next season. So much potential.
                        We probably won't have him for 4 years, but I just hope at least for next year. The NBA and its agent network seem to be trying to do whatever they can right now to entice kids to leave early -- probably more the agents than the league itself. But the expanded rosters with back and forth contracts between the NBA and G-league isn't going to do any favors to the college game. And the agents -- well, greed is strong motivator.
                        Last edited by BlueK; 03-07-2018, 12:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                          We probably won't have him for 4 years, but I just hope at least for next year. The NBA and its agent network seem to be trying to do whatever they can right now to entice kids to leave early -- probably more the agents than the league itself. But the expanded rosters with back and forth contracts between the NBA and G-league isn't going to do any favors to the college game. And the agents -- well, greed is strong motivator.
                          Is anyone expecting Yoeli to leave school as a Junior? Unless he has a huge increase next year, I don't see him as an NBA prospect. He's listed at 6'8", which means he's more like 6'6". He doesn't have the speed or handles to play outside of the post, and he probably doesn't have the size to play in the post in the NBA.

Then again, Eric Mika, so what do I know.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                            Is anyone expecting Yoeli to leave school as a Junior? Unless he has a huge increase next year, I don't see him as an NBA prospect. He's listed at 6'8", which means he's more like 6'6". He doesn't have the speed or handles to play outside of the post, and he probably doesn't have the size to play in the post in the NBA.

Then again, Eric Mika, so what do I know.
                            Eric Mika is playing low level Italian league ball. My fear is that the the model has changed now with the recent d-league/g league and expanded rosters thing. So players don't have to be a surefire NBA prospect to leave early anymore, which is bad for college basketball. Since I love college basketball and don't care that much about the NBA and don't care at all about minor league pro basketball, I hope I'm wrong.
                            Last edited by BlueK; 03-07-2018, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
                              Eric Mika is playing low level Italian league ball. My fear is that the the model has changed now with the recent d-league/g league and expanded rosters thing. So players don't have to be a surefire NBA prospect to leave early anymore, which is bad for college basketball. I hope I'm wrong.
                              I thought he was in Italy's top league.
                              Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                                I thought he was in Italy's top league.
                                I think that is what he is saying.

Comment

Working...
                                X