No announcement yet.

The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there are four girls in my little family, including my wife. oldest two - wife and 18 year old are all girl - never wanted anything to do with sports. the 4th, a 7 year old seems to be going that direction as well.

the 3rd, a 9 year old as of about 14 months ago seemed to be the same. over the last year she's been playing basketball and volleyball and loving it. she's even shown some interest in watching sports off and on - not a lot, but enough to give her sports fan dad some hope. Note: my 16 year old son, while a very good athlete, is not a sports fan in any sense of the word.

Fast forward to last night. I had very little interest in watching another SEC championship game, but apparently my 9 year old's teacher is a huge Georgia fan and talked about it at school on Monday. So my 9 year old asks if we can watch the game. Of course we can! Anyway, she sits through the entire damn game with me and it was fun as hell (my son has never watched an entire game).

Every night when I tuck my little girls in, I ask them what their favorite part of the day was - my 7 year old: dance. My 9 year old: basketball practice and "the Georgia game". basketball practice and watching a football game? my daughter? are you effing kidding me?!

thanks, SEC football!
    Last edited by smokymountainrain; 01-09-2018, 08:58 AM.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
      there are four girls in my little family, including my wife. oldest two - wife and 18 year old are all girl - never wanted anything to do with sports. the 4th, a 7 year old seems to be going that direction as well.

the 3rd, a 9 year old as of about 14 months ago seemed to be the same. over the last year she's been playing basketball and volleyball and loving it. she's even shown some interest in watching sports off and on - not a lot, but enough to give her sports fan dad some hope. Note: my 16 year old son, while a very good athlete, is not a sports fan in any sense of the word.

Fast forward to last night. I had very little interest in watching another SEC championship game, but apparently my 9 year old's teacher is a huge Georgia fan and talked about it at school on Monday. So my 9 year old asks if we can watch the game. Of course we can! Anyway, she sits through the entire damn game with me and it was fun as hell (my son has never watched an entire game).

Every night when I tuck my little girls in, I ask them what their favorite part of the day was - my 7 year old: dance. My 9 year old: basketball practice and "the Georgia game". basketball practice and watching a football game? my daughter? are you effing kidding me?!

thanks, SEC football!
      That's cool smr. Also, I think your 9 year old might be 10.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
        That's cool smr. Also, I think your 9 year old might be 10.
        Still 9, but her dad can be a dumbass.
        I'm like LeBron James.
        -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
          Pffst.. I watched Ohio St. vs. Rutgers Wrestling Dual meet, Blue Jackets NHL hockey game.. I preemptively saved a few things to watch..

Oh, can you remind me which game is #1?

No need. I already know the answer.
          Yes! That time the entire nation tuned in to root for Mariota and the Ducks to defeat tOSU. Sadly, it didn't end well.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Yes! That time the entire nation tuned in to root for Mariota and the Ducks to defeat tOSU. Sadly, it didn't end well.
            That may be true to some degree (As I remember relishing in that win for a week or so)..

I also like to think it was because there was no SEC team in it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That may be true to some degree (As I remember relishing in that win for a week or so)..

I also like to think it was because there was no SEC team in it!!
              Good call, db. Of the top 10 most widely viewed CFB games of all time, 8 of them involved an SEC team.

http://espnmediazone.com/us/press-re...t-9-year-year/
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Cool story SMR. Glad you had that experience.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Good call, db. Of the top 10 most widely viewed CFB games of all time, 8 of them involved an SEC team.

Two of the top 3 involve Oregon! Now if they could just freaking win one of them
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

The 2 games in the top 10 not involving SEC teams? Both games involved Oregon. Brock, your buckeyes just happened to be playing a team with one of the most exciting offenses ever.

Comment

• I miss the days of the CUFies. If we still had a poster of the year award I would submit this thread as brock’s Citizen Kane

Comment

The 2 games in the top 10 not involving SEC teams? Both games involved Oregon. Brock, your buckeyes just happened to be playing a team with one of the most exciting offenses ever.
                          If they were so damn exciting why in the hell did they not win it?

Maybe it’s because it wasn’t so exciting and the Buckeyes were as always.. Just better.

As for the SEC, stop knobkocking with the south!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            there are four girls in my little family, including my wife. oldest two - wife and 18 year old are all girl - never wanted anything to do with sports. the 4th, a 7 year old seems to be going that direction as well.

thanks, SEC football!
                            Nice story SMR. But WTF!! You are creating a SEC fan.

Bad form!

Comment

If they were so damn exciting why in the hell did they not win it?

Maybe it’s because it wasn’t so exciting and the Buckeyes were as always.. Just better.

As for the SEC, stop knobkocking with the south!!!

Come on. You have to know the difference between the words exciting and better, right?

Comment

• The Official 2017-18 Bowl Season Thread

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                Come on. You have to know the difference between the words exciting and better, right?
                                I was going to use exciting but didn’t want to rub HFN nose in it too much.

Last edited by dabrockster; 01-09-2018, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X