• Show
Clear All

• I love independence.

Comment

• A couple of thoughts on scheduling:

(1) BYU/Army

(From October 2013)

Originally posted by kccougar View Post
      When BYU first announced Independence, Alema interviewed the Army AD and asked about potential games with BYU in the future. He said that it could happen down the road but that Army was currently scheduling 6-10 years out. I think you have to operate that way to be successful as an independent. Let me rephrase that - I think that if you aren't doing it that way it is a pretty good indicator that you aren't being successful as an independent.
      http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...my#post1029504

It seemed like UMass was pretty quickly able to get a four-game series lined up with Army when they went independent a few years ago. I imagine Holmoe is open to anything reasonable - it would be a great series for BYU for many reasons - so Army likely isn't interested in getting anything on the schedule with us right now for whatever reason.

(2) BYU/Liberty

Strange bedfellows, perhaps? Liberty is moving up to FBS in 2019 (I think?) and will be competing as an independent. Will we see any games with Liberty in the future? At one point in the recent past, applicants to Liberty had to sign a statement that they didn't believe American Indians were descended from Jews, that Satan isn't the brother of Jesus, and other denial-of-Mormonism questions. Maybe they still do. Would Liberty associate with BYU out of football scheduling necessity? Would BYU schedule games with a school that has been so anti-Mormon in the past (and maybe the present)? Time will tell.
      "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• @FBSchedules on Twitter says ESPN has moved the UNLV game from Saturday Nov 11 to Friday Nov 10.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          @FBSchedules on Twitter says ESPN has moved the UNLV game from Saturday Nov 11 to Friday Nov 10.
          Sweet. Now you can make it down for the game and back to Eug in time to coach on Saturday.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
            @FBSchedules on Twitter says ESPN has moved the UNLV game from Saturday Nov 11 to Friday Nov 10.
            I saw that. There goes that roadie for me.
            "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Everybody is doing a HH with Liberty! It's so awesome, New Mexico state is doing 4 games with Liberty in 2 years!

Comment

• glad we could give liberty the courtesy of a return trip to lynchburg
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

• Looks like there may be late opening in UT's schedule thanks to California's new travel ban. Maybe BYU should stiff the Utes and head to the Darrell K Royal instead. Who wants to play a bottom of the bucket Pac-whatever team when they could play a top Big-12 team instead?
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                        Looks like there may be late opening in UT's schedule thanks to California's new travel ban. Maybe BYU should stiff the Utes and head to the Darrell K Royal instead. Who wants to play a bottom of the bucket Pac-whatever team when they could play a top Big-12 team instead?
                        What are the cancellation fees on that game?
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                          What are the cancellation fees on that game?
                          Whatever it is BYU could just put it against Kry Baby's tab.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Looks like there may be late opening in UT's schedule thanks to California's new travel ban. Maybe BYU should stiff the Utes and head to the Darrell K Royal instead. Who wants to play a bottom of the bucket Pac-whatever team when they could play a top Big-12 team instead?
                            Yeah, but I'm mainly concerned about the difficulty of our schedule and the health of our players.
                            Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                            - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                            - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

Whatever it is BYU could just put it against Kry Baby's tab.
                              Or maybe let us borrow the HD truck for general conference weekend
                              "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Watering down the schedule with Texas instead of the Utes? Typical Cougar talk.

Comment

Working...
                                X