Soundbars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I have a Vizio, Klipsch, and the above Samsung. Perhaps because it is 5 years newer, but I can't tell any difference between the Samsung and Klipsch. The Vizio comes in a distant third, but again that may have to do with being connected to the oldest television, which only has Apple TV
    Which Vizio do you have? I am looking at this one, mainly because of the slim sub.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G3STJDG...I2M84TYO273XE5
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
      Which Vizio do you have? I am looking at this one, mainly because of the slim sub.

I'm not sure, probably the bottom of line version. It's 2+ years old. I wanted one without a sub due the tv and location I hooked it up to.

Comment

Btw, the Samsung soundbar is the same price on Amazon. With Prime, it's a slightly better deal than Costco. It looks like you may be able to find something better on Amazon anyway beyond that Samsung model.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          Btw, the Samsung soundbar is the same price on Amazon. With Prime, it's a slightly better deal than Costco. It looks like you may be able to find something better on Amazon anyway beyond that Samsung model.
          I was looking at this one on Amazon, but I can't tell if its an upgraded model or what. Very similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-K4...&sortBy=recent
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I was looking at this one on Amazon, but I can't tell if its an upgraded model or what. Very similar.

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-HW-K4...&sortBy=recent
            I think it's the exact same. I would see what Yamaha offers on Amazon. There's also also a better Samsung that's around $220 down from $380.
            Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

Also look at B&H Photo, those Orthodox Jews have a pretty awesome online store.

Comment

I can't believe people actually buy these things.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Dude, you can't have 7.1 in every room with a TV.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Dude you work 7.1 days a month, when you're busy. Not all of us can send our wife off to the office, then sit home and watch movies and make bread all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Only my outdoor theater has 7.1. Have to live with 5.1 everywhere else.

Dude you work 7.1 days a month, when you're busy. Not all of us can send our wife off to the office, then sit home and watch movies and make bread all day long.
                      Listen, I get it, in a shared-wall home/apartment you have to settle for crappy audio.
                      You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                      Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Only my outdoor theater has 7.1. Have to live with 5.1 everywhere else.

Listen, I get it, in a shared-wall home/apartment you have to settle for crappy audio.
                        The upstairs, and downstairs, neighbors get pissed if the volume goes past 14. Does smoking make your hearing better?

Comment

The upstairs, and downstairs, neighbors get pissed if the volume goes past 14. Does smoking make your hearing better?
                          Most major receiver manufacturers use a scale from 1 to 100 now. FYI.

Does your boombox have one cassette deck or two?

Comment

I have a mid tier Yamaha receiver, hardly ever use it. When kids are dealing with the TV, simpler is better, but TV speakers are awful. Soundbars are somewhere in between the terrible TV speakers and a full blown 7.1 system. You avoid the complexity of having a separate receiver with a ton of settings to mess with, but the sound isn't as good.

Comment

My kids aren't too dumb to operate a sound system... a task that basically consists of two things: 1) turning the power to the receiver on, and 2) selecting the appropriate A/V input.

Comment

Maybe I'm just cheap, but I slapped on a pair of 10w computer speakers and just plugged them into the TV. The TV itself controls the level of the sound, while the tinny speakers that are in the TV go silent. Works well for my purposes. Can even mount them to the wall.

Comment

Working...
                                X