No announcement yet.

John Dehlin is thinking about bringing Mormon Stories back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe someone can raise Adam from the dead so he can shovel some more dirt on Emma's grave.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

The first part of the Peter and Mary Danzig interview is up. Listening now...

http://mormonstories.org/?p=831

Comment

I have unique perspectives on the September 6. John Dehlin should contact me

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
          The first part of the Peter and Mary Danzig interview is up. Listening now...

http://mormonstories.org/?p=831
          Complete interviews up now. Very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
            I have unique perspectives on the September 6. John Dehlin should contact me
            Is this something you've posted on before? I'm interested.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
              Emma knew. If you get the chance read "From Mission to Madness." A biography by Tippets, I think, on David Hyrum Smith, the child Emma was pregnant with when Joseph was martyred. He ended up spending his final years in an institution in Illinois. He went with Joseph III to SLC to reclaim the Brighamites and what he found out really troubled him. I think he still would have had mental issues, but upon his return to Nauvoo he walked up to Emma and said "you lied to us!"

I think Joseph's kids didn't know but obviously some found out.

What I always found really interesting is that Emma taught her children nothing about Joseph's role wrt to the restoration. Perhaps that role has taken on greater significance within the LDS culture than it had then and so my frame of reference is very different than hers. I just found it interesting that he kids knew nothing about the priesthood, the Book of Mormon anything really unique to the LDS faith until Joseph III accepted to be the President of the Reorganized Church.

Of course Emma had a mental breakdown so really we should all ignore her life and existence once Joseph was martyred!
              I think Emma deserves great compassion. There's a song floating around about her called "Emma," and its refrain is "How much can one heart take?" Being Joseph Smith, Jr.'s wife pretty much amounted to one severe trial after another.
              “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
              ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
              -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
              --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                I think Emma deserves great compassion. There's a song floating around about her called "Emma," and its refrain is "How much can one heart take?" Being Joseph Smith, Jr.'s wife pretty much amounted to one severe trial after another.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
                  Is this something you've posted on before? I'm interested.
                  not here. if anyone knows of a way to contact bryan waterman, let me know

Comment

not here. if anyone knows of a way to contact bryan waterman, let me know
                    You will be able to schedule your super-secret meeting with Bryan Waterman by contacting him at the following email:

bryan.waterman@nyu.edu

Should you prefer to have a face-to-face meeting, I suggest that on Monday at about 11am (or Tuesday at about 12:30am, if Monday doesn't work) that you make a quick call to the car service, walk on over to the elevator, hit the button, descend 40 floors, walk out onto the street, get into the waiting car and have it take you the forty blocks over to this address:

13-19 University Place, room 538
                    New York, NY 10003

It should be an easy drive down Avenue of the Americas to the Village. At that point, you would be able to have your face-to-face meeting from either 11:30-12:30 on Monday or from 1-3 on Tuesday.

If that is inconvenient for you (it is, after all, the middle of the very busy working day) you should be able to find him at home in the evening. Simply finish dinner with the wife, kids, and mil around 8 and then grab a cab for the 15-20 min. ride over to this address:

400 Broome St. New York, NY 10013

Where you should be able to find him, his wife, their daughters, and their son. There will also probably be a mass of college kids wandering around. I'm sure that he would be more than happy to take your story down at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by I.J. Reilly View Post
                      You will be able to schedule your super-secret meeting with Bryan Waterman by contacting him at the following email:

bryan.waterman@nyu.edu

Should you prefer to have a face-to-face meeting, I suggest that on Monday at about 11am (or Tuesday at about 12:30am, if Monday doesn't work) that you make a quick call to the car service, walk on over to the elevator, hit the button, descend 40 floors, walk out onto the street, get into the waiting car and have it take you the forty blocks over to this address:

New York, NY 10003

It should be an easy drive down Avenue of the Americas to the Village. At that point, you would be able to have your face-to-face meeting from either 11:30-12:30 on Monday or from 1-3 on Tuesday.

If that is inconvenient for you (it is, after all, the middle of the very busy working day) you should be able to find him at home in the evening. Simply finish dinner with the wife, kids, and mil around 8 and then grab a cab for the 15-20 min. ride over to this address:

Where you should be able to find him, his wife, their daughters, and their son. There will also probably be a mass of college kids wandering around. I'm sure that he would be more than happy to take your story down at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by scottie View Post
                        Wait, did I not do enough of the work? Should I include more? Was it confusing in some way?

Comment

bryan.waterman@nyu.edu

New York, NY 10003

fantastic. i live in NYC. he and I have A LOT to discuss...

Comment

bryan.waterman@nyu.edu

New York, NY 10003

oh, he knows the story!

Comment

oh, he knows the story!
                              but what is the story?
                              Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                              God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                              Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                                but what is the story?
                                i should amend. bryan knows half the story...what he doesn't know is the other half and the revenge that so many probably sought, unknowingly got. can't wait to speak with him. it's been a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X