X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
    You serious Clark?
    Serious as a heart attack.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
      Lebowski came up that way and drove home through Rockland.

They do have grass tennis courts at Kasota Park!
      #godscountry
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I am like manna from heaven for this dying board.

Also, I'm not going to Church this Sunday. Really looking forward to not going.

Comment

Originally posted by ByronMarchant View Post

Also, I'm not going to Church this Sunday. Really looking forward to not going.
          You should totally take a 6 month break from not going to church and go to church. Also, any good vacation plans this upcoming year?

Comment

Exactly. We're sick to death of you.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Exactly. We're sick to death of you.
              Says a man with 24,166 completely forgettable posts.

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                You should totally take a 6 month break from not going to church and go to church. Also, any good vacation plans this upcoming year?
                I already tried taking breaks from not going to church by going to church, and every time I did it I realized that I had made a terrible mistake by going back to church.

The beauty of a vacation-from-Mormonism experiment is that it can be repeated if necessary.

In any case, if anyone here is reading this and hasn't yet taken a 6-month vacation from Church, I implore you to give it a try. I bear my testimony to you that it's worth it to not go to Church. Life is SO GOOD without church.

While you're at it, you could also try a bonus experiment: see what it feels like to instead donate your tithing money to a charity or non-profit that transparently reports what is actually done with your money. Or donate directly to a cause or an individual where you can measure the outcome. See how that feels compared to tithing.

No judgment if you go back to Church. Just saying that you deserve a break! You've earned it!!! Think of everything you'll accomplish with those extra Church-free hours! Most importantly, you may find new ways to become friends with new people who have more diverse backgrounds, which will enrich your life.

Comment

I already tried taking breaks from not going to church by going to church, and every time I did it I realized that I had made a terrible mistake by going back to church.

The beauty of a vacation-from-Mormonism experiment is that it can be repeated if necessary.

In any case, if anyone here is reading this and hasn't yet taken a 6-month vacation from Church, I implore you to give it a try. I bear my testimony to you that it's worth it to not go to Church. Life is SO GOOD without church.

While you're at it, you could also try a bonus experiment: see what it feels like to instead donate your tithing money to a charity or non-profit that transparently reports what is actually done with your money. Or donate directly to a cause or an individual where you can measure the outcome. See how that feels compared to tithing.

No judgment if you go back to Church. Just saying that you deserve a break! You've earned it!!! Think of everything you'll accomplish with those extra Church-free hours! Most importantly, you may find new ways to become friends with new people who have more diverse backgrounds, which will enrich your life.
                  Nobody cares.

Healthy people that leave go on with their lives. You've got issues. Good luck with that.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Says a man with 24,166 completely forgettable posts.
                    That's SU's schtick. Come to think of it, so is the rest of your act.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Also, I saw this today and thought of you and Cardiac.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                        Nobody cares.

Healthy people that leave go on with their lives. You've got issues. Good luck with that.
                        I had good experience with leaving and just want to share that with my friends. Not saying that leaving is for everyone. Just saying it's worth a try.

I think it's difficult for most people to entertain the thought of leaving. You sort of have to contemplate it before giving it a try, so I guess I'm just planting seeds for now.

SeattleUte planted seeds a long time ago. He once sent me a message telling me that I was well on my way to leaving, and I told him he was totally wrong and that I would never leave. But he was right!
                        Last edited by ByronMarchant; 11-24-2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          We will be visiting the thriving metropolis of Burley later today.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                          I've got to say, Burley was spectacular.

At first, I didn't think we'd get to spend much time there. But then my wife started craving a slice of pumpkin pie and strongly suggested that we stop at Perkins. I dropped her off with a couple of our kids so she could get a slice to go while I refueled.

When I returned, they had not yet emerged from the establishment, so we went in to assist them in their departure. Our arrival was greeted with another strong suggestion that we just sit down and eat dinner there. Eventually, the Mrs. tired of waiting for someone to take our order, so we visited another Burley landmark I had never been to before - Arby's.

Really a very fulfilling visit to Burley. One of my longest stays there ever.

"I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                            Nobody cares.

Also, it's pretty obvious that someone cares. The last thread started in the Foyer was by Grapevine ~2 weeks ago, and no one replied even though Grape is a gosh damn genius with savant-like capacity for relaying biographical information about general authorities! The real tragedy of Cougarboard is that good people like Grapevine were silenced. The tragedy of Cougarstadium is that a lot of people either ignore or dismiss the best posts or spew tens of thousands of posts full of mindless banter.

This forum is DEAD without people like me. I write a single post about taking a break from Mormonism, and the place explodes with discussion. You guys need me but don't want to admit it.
                            Last edited by ByronMarchant; 11-24-2016, 12:31 AM.

Comment

Currently in LaJolla for Thanksgiving/soccer tournament. We won't attend church on Sunday but I may swing by the SD temple to visit my uncle who is in the temple presidency.

Normandy/Paris in the spring

GTNP/Yellowstone in the summer. Island Park/Henry's Fork in there sometime as well.

Had to decline a cruise to Scandinavia with the in laws.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                                I've got to say, Burley was spectacular.

At first, I didn't think we'd get to spend much time there. But then my wife started craving a slice of pumpkin pie and strongly suggested that we stop at Perkins. I dropped her off with a couple of our kids so she could get a slice to go while I refueled.

When I returned, they had not yet emerged from the establishment, so we went in to assist them in their departure. Our arrival was greeted with another strong suggestion that we just sit down and eat dinner there. Eventually, the Mrs. tired of waiting for someone to take our order, so we visited another Burley landmark I had never been to before - Arby's.

Really a very fulfilling visit to Burley. One of my longest stays there ever.

I've tried the Arby's in Burley. Never tried the Perkins. We usually stop at the Wendy's in Jerome when passing through. Often we take a stroll through the WalMart to get the blood going in our legs before we're off again.

Comment

Working...
                                X