No announcement yet.

MLB 2018 Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

funny how i tend to forget how much i hate the red sox until they aren't playing the yankees.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

Sorrynotsorry SMR.

I was not expecting a quick series like that. And especially not a game where Price outshone Verlander.

Go Sox!
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
        Sorrynotsorry SMR.

I was not expecting a quick series like that. And especially not a game where Price outshone Verlander.

Go Sox!
        When Cora went with Kimbrel for the 9th, I had flashbacks of 1986. I was sure the Astros would score.
        “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
        "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
          When Cora went with Kimbrel for the 9th, I had flashbacks of 1986. I was sure the Astros would score.
          Yeah Cora managed his relief pitching so carefully I didn’t think he was going to go with Kimbrel. I expected they would let off him after last night. But he looked much better tonight. I hope he’s found his stuff again.
          "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

My big boss will be happy

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Dodgers and Red Sox. Thank goodness it wasn't Astros/Brewers.

I've enjoyed seeing Kershaw have improved playoff performances here toward the end part of his career. Nice to see him get the last three outs tonight.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Should be a fun series, but I think the Sox win in 6.
                  Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Hard to root against Dave Roberts, who should be remembered eternally for the stolen base that started The ComebackTM. He has done a great job with the Dodgers.

Red Sox are only slightly favored to win the WS. I wonder if people are skittish about Sale and Price. But I can't imagine the offense that mowed through the Astros will have too much of a problem with the Dodgers. Sox in 6 sounds about right.
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

ya'll are probably right, but I can hope can't I. After all it is the 30 anniversary of Kirk Gibson's home run

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

Lots of fun story lines between these two teams. Alex Cora was a fan favorite during his time in Dodger blue. He was a wizard at 2nd base and was always working 2-strike counts into walks. He and Dave Roberts were teammates for several years on the Blue, and were teammates in 04, when Roberts was traded to Boston at the trade deadline (a trade that set up the Stolen Base Heard Round the World). Cora is also involved in my favorite Dodger moment that i've witnessed in-person:

During that '04 summer, I was in law school and was clerking in LV at a small firm. It was basically a two man firm, and they were still figuring out how to take full advantage of a full-time clerk and keep me busy. Early in the summer, both partners were gone and I was basically sitting around twiddling my thumbs for 8 hours a day. I get a text from my best friend from HS (also a Dodger fan) that basically says "This afternoon I'm driving from St. George to a Dodger game. Let me know if I should stop and pick you up." I looked around at an office with a paralegal who spent 8 hours a day meeting guys in Yahoo chat rooms and a receptionist who took calls and spent the rest of her time on ebaumsworld. I decided sneaking out the back door a few hours early couldn't hurt. My buddy picked me up and we drove straight through to Chavez Ravine.

Dodgers were playing the Cubs, and we snagged some decent Loge seats along the first base side. I remember paying $45.00 for our tickets and feeling like that was a LOT of money to be dropping on a frolic to a baseball game. It all became worth it when I got to witness one of the great regular-season at bats of all time:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by happyone View Post
                          ya'll are probably right, but I can hope can't I. After all it is the 30 anniversary of Kirk Gibson's home run
                          And the 100th anniversary of Babe Ruth’s last World Series victory with the Red Sox.
                          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I didn't know that

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                              And the 100th anniversary of Babe Ruth’s last World Series victory with the Red Sox.
                              In 1978, I was a lunch guest (law firm summer clerk thing) where the host regaled us with his story about that game (the one that Ruth won as a pitcher--the Sox won the Series two days later), as he was in attendance. The 90-year-old host was a partner emeritus of the firm, and was largely responsible for driving out all the Latinos to make way for Dodger Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                Lots of fun story lines between these two teams. Alex Cora was a fan favorite during his time in Dodger blue. He was a wizard at 2nd base and was always working 2-strike counts into walks. He and Dave Roberts were teammates for several years on the Blue, and were teammates in 04, when Roberts was traded to Boston at the trade deadline (a trade that set up the Stolen Base Heard Round the World). Cora is also involved in my favorite Dodger moment that i've witnessed in-person:

During that '04 summer, I was in law school and was clerking in LV at a small firm. It was basically a two man firm, and they were still figuring out how to take full advantage of a full-time clerk and keep me busy. Early in the summer, both partners were gone and I was basically sitting around twiddling my thumbs for 8 hours a day. I get a text from my best friend from HS (also a Dodger fan) that basically says "This afternoon I'm driving from St. George to a Dodger game. Let me know if I should stop and pick you up." I looked around at an office with a paralegal who spent 8 hours a day meeting guys in Yahoo chat rooms and a receptionist who took calls and spent the rest of her time on ebaumsworld. I decided sneaking out the back door a few hours early couldn't hurt. My buddy picked me up and we drove straight through to Chavez Ravine.

Dodgers were playing the Cubs, and we snagged some decent Loge seats along the first base side. I remember paying $45.00 for our tickets and feeling like that was a LOT of money to be dropping on a frolic to a baseball game. It all became worth it when I got to witness one of the great regular-season at bats of all time:

I remember that...but I thought it was against Arizona. That was awesome!

Comment

Working...
                                X