Where to eat in Downtown Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to eat in Downtown Denver

Going to be in Denver this week and looking for good restaurants in the downtown area (I think my hotel is on Sherman St). We're going to be in a group, so a place that is amenable to large parties would be a plus.
    "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Casa Bonita
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Wait, are you dead or living?
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by Non Sequitur View Post
        Going to be in Denver this week and looking for good restaurants in the downtown area (I think my hotel is on Sherman St). We're going to be in a group, so a place that is amenable to large parties would be a plus.
        Osteria Marco or Rioja down in Larimer Square are both good. Although the service was a bit iffy at OM last time I went there.

Root Down in Highlands (just west of downtown) is interesting if a little bit on the crunchy side.

I always enjoyed Wyncoop Brewing in Lodo. Typical brewpub stuff, but always solid and consistent. Benny's, south of Downtown, was a favorite for Mexican.
        There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
        Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
        And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Bump.

I'll be going out there next week for work. Any new good eats since 2011?
          "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

Denver has to have the largest concentration of people with guitars that think they can play and sing but can't.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
              Denver has to have the largest concentration of people with guitars that think they can play and sing but can't.

I think austin is much worse. But at least atx has a fair few who can play and sing, I guess
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
                I think austin is much worse. But at least atx has a fair few who can play and sing, I guess
                Sheesh. First the customs agents and now the musicians. You are supposed to return from your vacay rested and happy!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post

I'd like to nominate Portland.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    I'd like to nominate Portland.
                    Seconded.

Recently on a warm summers night around 8:45 I drove west on Division from around 60th headed towards the Ross Island Bridge - there were tens of thousands of people out on the streets. All in their little Bohemian counter-culture outfits, the LBGT crowds were hold hands and kissing, and I saw a most amazing transgender - who was stunningly beautiful. Everyone was out walking or eating at a sidewalk cafe, or just standing around playing the guitar. Must have been a dozen or more Huskers out making music. I just rolled down the windows and let the wind blow back my hair.

If any of you guys ever want to see the future of condensed living America - come to Portland and traverse the lower SE. You'll cry like that Indian in the 70's.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

I spent the weekend in Denver. Flew in on Thursday night for work. Worked all day Friday, caught dinner with a fellow CSer, and then hung out Saturday with my two best friends from high school. A few observations:

1) the Rockies TV announcers are awful. Can't believe Rockies fans (lol) put up with that garbage. Actually, I can.

2) If a denim shirt over jeans is a Canadian Tuxedo, then a plaid flannel shirt is a Denver Sweater. 25-30% of the population must wear those things. Women wear them. Men wear them. Women pull them out of their purse and put them on over their little black dress when it's cold. Waitresses keep them around their waist and when it gets chilly, they throw on the Denver Sweater. Haven't seen that much flannel since Pearl Jam hit the big time.

3) Pretty decent food scene. I ate at two sushi restaurants, and both were very good. Denver Biscuit Co. is super trendy, but leaves me happy every time.

4) Sports bar scene is legit. Blake street has some awesome bars with rooftop settings, and tons of TVs. I watched the entire BYU game at a rooftop bar, and it was great. Servers were very attractive, as well.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                        I spent the weekend in Denver. Flew in on Thursday night for work. Worked all day Friday, caught dinner with a fellow CSer, and then hung out Saturday with my two best friends from high school. A few observations:

1) the Rockies TV announcers are awful. Can't believe Rockies fans (lol) put up with that garbage. Actually, I can.

2) If a denim shirt over jeans is a Canadian Tuxedo, then a plaid flannel shirt is a Denver Sweater. 25-30% of the population must wear those things. Women wear them. Men wear them. Women pull them out of their purse and put them on over their little black dress when it's cold. Waitresses keep them around their waist and when it gets chilly, they throw on the Denver Sweater. Haven't seen that much flannel since Pearl Jam hit the big time.

3) Pretty decent food scene. I ate at two sushi restaurants, and both were very good. Denver Biscuit Co. is super trendy, but leaves me happy every time.

4) Sports bar scene is legit. Blake street has some awesome bars with rooftop settings, and tons of TVs. I watched the entire BYU game at a rooftop bar, and it was great. Servers were very attractive, as well.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                          So... what you're really saying.... is that you think this guy is attractive.

Right?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                            So... what you're really saying.... is that you think this guy is attractive.

Right?
                            You don't?
                            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I had a real good meal in Denver a couple of months ago. I will bookmark this thread and try to remember where it was.

It was about two blocks from the Curtis Hotel, if that helps.

Comment

Working...
                              X