Thanks, Provo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    No, the answer is that drugs destroy lives and should be avoided at all costs. Even if some of them are legal.
    That was, essentially, my answer.

I could tell he was disappointed.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post

You are a good dad.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        No, the answer is that drugs destroy lives and should be avoided at all costs. Even if some of them are legal.
        No the answer remains marijuana, but not until you are over 21 years of age.

I need my :carrington: smiley damnit.

Originally posted by falafel View Post

I like your son better than you. He was right to be disappointed as you gave him the wrong answer.
        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...medium=twitter

Provo has Freedom Festival sign non discrimination agreement then the Freedom Festival discriminates against LGBTQ groups.
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
            https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics...medium=twitter

Provo has Freedom Festival sign non discrimination agreement then the Freedom Festival discriminates against LGBTQ groups.
            What did Josh Holt do to merit being honored at the parade? Seems dumb.

Comment

• So a "compromise" was reached. Of course, the Freedom Festival is still discriminating assholes. I'm guessing the only reason this "compromise" was reached was because Provo and Utah County let them know that there was no way the Freedom Festival could continue to receive government funds unless they made the discrimination at least somewhat less overt.

https://www.heraldextra.com/news/loc...13c2ae5af.html
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Where are all those whinny millennials going?

Untitled.jpg

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...graphic-trends

Thanks, Provo!
                "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                  Where are all those whinny millennials going?

Thanks, Provo!
                  Are those millennials who own horses? I hope they bring them to Provo!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Where are all those whinny millennials going?

[ATTACH]9512[/ATTACH]

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...graphic-trends

Thanks, Provo!
                    How do you live on $22k?
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                      How do you live on $22k?
                      Supplement with student loans?
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• One less ultra MAGA gun owner in Provo.
                        https://www.cnbc.com/2023/08/09/fbi-...n-threats.html

This guy had mental illness, his Facebook posts are sick and twisted. Politics became his obsession. It’s scary that people like this walk among us as neighbors, ward members, coworkers, etc.
                        Last edited by chrisrenrut; 08-09-2023, 01:47 PM.

Comment

• Holy cow. I just saw this on local news media. What a tragedy.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                            One less ultra MAGA gun owner in Provo.

This guy had mental illness, his Facebook posts are sick and twisted. Politics became his obsession. It’s scary that people like this walk among us as neighbors, ward members, coworkers, etc.
                            I saw this break on twitter from one of his ward members before it broke in the national media. The person tweeting was raging against the FBI saying he was 80, 300 pounds and could barely cross the street and couldn't hurt a fly. All the responses were about booting the FBI out of Utah. Having had a brother who was an agent for 2 decades, I don't know how to tell them how ultra conservative most agents (I'm talking 90%+) are.

There's a not insignificant segment of Mormonism that has put MAGA above their religion. Many have been leaving the church altogether around my very conservative county. The man killed in Provo was apparently a guy serving as a ward clerk and beloved in his ward and seen by many as a gentle giant. Then you see his facebook posts and it seems he was insane and violent, set on what in his mind was justified murder. Not sure how this will pan out for Mormonism over the next decade, but (as a now outside) observer, I think it should disturb the faithful and the church would do well to address it, though I'm not sure how exactly.

edit: tweet on left is the tweeter to whom I was referring.
                            Last edited by SteelBlue; 08-09-2023, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                              One less ultra MAGA gun owner in Provo.

I hate when mental illness is dragged into gun discussions. The problem is not mental illness. I have no doubt that had the idiot survived and faced trial, he would have been deemed competent. If I thought he were really mentally ill, then I might be able to gin up a bit of compassion for him, but I don't think he was mentally ill, and I struggle to pretend to have empathy for him. Kudos to the FBI for taking out the garbage.
                              "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• How sad for his family.

But what a freaking nut.

Comment

Working...
                                X