ceiling rack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by creekster View Post
    I suppose I could respond by asking which part of your rack involves the ceiling? But I won't.
    Awesome. The monkey is breaking out snarky praeteritio over a bike rack. I sure hope there's some political news today.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
      I think that’s the idea. You can park your car under it, but you’d have to back the car out to get the bike down or put it up.

I don't want to have to pull my car out one time let alone one hundred times that I would need to throughout the year.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
        I don't want to have to pull my car out one time let alone one hundred times that I would need to throughout the year.
        I agree it wouldn’t be worth it for the daily ride. This is for the tandem, though, which isn’t ridden nearly as often.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Just on the off chance that any one cares, the company responded promptly to my email and said they do make tandem lifts on a custom basis. He sent me a drawing. Longer tray, two gas struts and support arms. They also will customize it for my ceiling height and bike length and weight. I will give them the info and then see how much that is going to cost but, if it is affordable, it is a pretty nice solution.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Just on the off chance that any one cares, the company responded promptly to my email and said they do make tandem lifts on a custom basis. He sent me a drawing. Longer tray, two gas struts and support arms. They also will customize it for my ceiling height and bike length and weight. I will give them the info and then see how much that is going to cost but, if it is affordable, it is a pretty nice solution.
            really happy for you creek. mazel!
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
              really happy for you creek. mazel!
              Thanks. Coming from you that’s a real pick me up.
              PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You mean the 2x4s that are supports for a shelf the under side of which has hooks on it from which bikes are held against a wall?

Your structure is very nice and looks very well-built but it isn’t what I was looking for.
                I never said you had to use the same design - just suggested you could build something yourself.

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                This one is less... and has a "patented gas strut" for those heaver bikes!

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Gravity-...dp/B0756NS1MC/
                Doesn't count - it's mounted to the wall, not the ceiling.
                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  I never said you had to use the same design - just suggested you could build something yourself.
                  You obviously have confused me for a welder.
                  PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You obviously have confused me for a welder.
                    eh, if you were a welder, you'd hire a guy like pelado to do it for you.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      This one is less... and has a "patented gas strut" for those heaver bikes!

https://www.amazon.com/Zero-Gravity-...dp/B0756NS1MC/
                      This would not work very well for a Tandem. Too narrow. Plus, as that master ceiling rack builder Pelado points out, it must be mounted on a wall. The advantage of the Italian system is that it can be built for a tandem and can be mounted in the field of the ceiling leaving walls free for something worthwhile, like Pelado's shelving system (not kidding about this last one, btw).
                      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You thought the original was “a bit pricey” but you are hoping that a custom one, built to fit twice the bike, will be affordable? I like you thinking.
                        "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by Sullyute View Post
                          You thought the original was “a bit pricey” but you are hoping that a custom one, built to fit twice the bike, will be affordable? I like you thinking.
                          My thinking is usually what gets me in trouble.

My first comment meant that among the choices of ceiling racks for bikes it was expensive. But it was the only one that did everything I wanted it to do, so it might be worth it. Any rack suitable for a tandem will be more expensive than one suitable for a single, so the question is whether the price for what is essentially a custom rack will be along the lines of 2x the normal prive or will it be some outrageous number?
                          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...
                          X