Salt Lake MUST EATS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Green Lantern View Post
    PU, you actually commented on the thread about Finca a few months ago!

http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread...ighlight=finca

(I agree though. Great food!)

Comment

• La Jolla Groves has opened in SLC in the Ghostway Mall. It's been open for about a month.

We ended up there tonight with friends since it was one place that didn't have a loooooong wait and it's not a national chain.

It occupies the same space that McGrath's was in.

The interior is completely changed.

The interior is nice enough.

This post is misplaced in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Finally made it to Oh Mai. Yum. Garlic Ribeye Banh Mi was tasty.
        Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
        Of the 3 sandwiches that I've had at Oh Mai that was my least favorite. I preferred the honey glazed pork and the spicy short rib.
        My kids went there a while back and their order was messed up so they brought them out an extra sandwich by mistake. It was the yellow curry banh mi. They raved about it so I ordered one last week when we were there and it was fantastic. My new favorite menu item. You must try it next time you go.

The new Orem restaurant will be one block north of the mall on State Street. Opening in May or June.
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
          My kids went there a while back and their order was messed up so they brought them out an extra sandwich by mistake. It was the yellow curry banh mi. They raved about it so I ordered one last week when we were there and it was fantastic. My new favorite menu item. You must try it next time you go.

The new Orem restaurant will be one block north of the mall on State Street. Opening in May or June.
          That is only a few blocks from my employment. I haven't had the yellow curry banh mi, but I have had the yellow curry chicken bun. When it is opened, it will be my go to lunch spot when I forget to grab lunch. I'm still amazed at how cheap the food is at this place.

Last night we split a honey glazed pork bahn mi and the yellow curry chicken bun and it was fantastic. The chicken tasted great and was perfectly cooked. I have no doubt that the bahn mi is also great.

The shredded pork bahn mi is also really good.
          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
            Then I shall try those next time. I was actually disappointed in the amount of heat. Very tame. I also ordered some Mai Rolls. They were decent...
            The heat varies wildly at this place. I've had the spice vary from nothing to the higher end of my tolerance levels. I guess that is the risk you take when you are using fresh jalapenos.

I timed it last night and the place is less than 5 minutes from my house. If I call in the order and time everything right, I have dinner in less than 20 minutes. It is becoming our go to place when we don't know what to do for dinner.
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Is this place open in Holliday?

There's a pho place down the street from work that I've hit a few times, but I am no conossieur of this type of food. Their soup is quite good, however.

I am up in Holliday frequently so if it's open there now, I'd like to stop by and check it out.

Anything else to try besides the sandwiches?
              Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                Is this place open in Holliday?

There's a pho place down the street from work that I've hit a few times, but I am no conossieur of this type of food. Their soup is quite good, however.

I am up in Holliday frequently so if it's open there now, I'd like to stop by and check it out.

Anything else to try besides the sandwiches?
                The Holiday location is open. I actually like to split a sandwich and bun when my wife and I go there. If I was getting one thing, it would be the bahn mi though.
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                  The heat varies wildly at this place. I've had the spice vary from nothing to the higher end of my tolerance levels. I guess that is the risk you take when you are using fresh jalapenos.

I timed it last night and the place is less than 5 minutes from my house. If I call in the order and time everything right, I have dinner in less than 20 minutes. It is becoming our go to place when we don't know what to do for dinner.
                  the best part? two people can eat for less than freaking $10
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Missed lunch today so I ditched work early and hit Oh Mai. Great recommendation. Best Pho I've had since D-hole led DDD and I to a great place in Vegas.

Comment

• Chick-fil-a at City Creek.
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                        Missed lunch today so I ditched work early and hit Oh Mai. Great recommendation. Best Pho I've had since D-hole led DDD and I to a great place in Vegas.
                        You definitely don't seem to pho as often as you should.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                          Can you blame him? His last outing was a threesome with donuthold and DDD. You know DDD demanded to go first.
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Aint that the truth.

Comment

• If anyone wants to meet at the Holiday location for lunch just let me know. I live right by there and have been doing a lot of work from home, so I will be glad to grab a bite with you when I can. Shoot me a BM.
                              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
                              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
                              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                                Shoot me a BM.
                                Gross.
                                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Working...
                                X