No announcement yet.

Ordain Beards!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you're going for the impossible why not shoot a little higher and try to get the premarital sex ban thrown out of the HC.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
      If you're going for the impossible why not shoot a little higher and try to get the premarital sex ban thrown out of the HC.
      You throw that out and we might as well kiss good by church growth.

Our youth are encouraged to get married and have children. Any society needs to replace those that pass with the new. Hopefully more new than are passing away.

If premarital sex were allowed at BYU the incentive to get married amongst members attending BYU would go down significantly hurt the church.

Comment

are people still demonstrating on the checkerboard quad? where do byu on-campus protests take place these days?
        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
          are people still demonstrating on the checkerboard quad? where do byu on-campus protests take place these days?
          From the photos it appears that it took place by the Brigham statue next to the ASB.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            From the photos it appears that it took place by the Brigham statue next to the ASB.
            does the checkerboard quad even exist anymore?? what do they call that area just outside the bookstore as you are headed to the library? They used to have some soapbox thing there where people cold stand up and yell stuff.

sigpic

Comment

I'm offended by certain beard-haircut combinations.

0.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
                I'm offended by certain beard-haircut combinations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4926[/ATTACH]
                takbir!
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

he looks like a young fidel castro.

sigpic

Comment

does the checkerboard quad even exist anymore?? what do they call that area just outside the bookstore as you are headed to the library? They used to have some soapbox thing there where people cold stand up and yell stuff.
                    Sounds interesting, especially at BYU. What were some common things to hear from the soapbox?

"Oh that I were an angel. . ."

"Oh Captain, my captain!"

"No unhallowed hand. . . "

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                      Sounds interesting, especially at BYU. What were some common things to hear from the soapbox?

No way. It was Voice's personal bully pulpit.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post

It was mostly railing against NAFTA back in my day. Many Benson quotes were shared.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

BYU needs to be careful here. If they allow men to have beards the next thing you know they will allow shorts above the knee and women to express their opinions. Be strong BYU and start checking the receipts of everyone exiting the bookstore.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

The quad is still there. According to Google Maps, it is called "Brigham Square" (BS for short). But it was the site of the caffeine protest which was quickly squelched almost exactly 2 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
                              I'm against Carri Jenkins having a beard. There's absolutely no honor in it.
                              But she has a beard card.
                              "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                But she has a beard card.
                                And she may have a beard to go with it when some mischievous BYU students decide to have fun with Photoshop.....
                                We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Working...
                                X