• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome.
    "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
      behold, the original (notice no mention of urine)

http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=7671
      Thanks. I'll add the following that were omitted in my original post:

Did you ever consider an alternative career path?

When I was younger and more impressionable, I thought theater arts might be a great career path. I was also very close to applying to the law school for a JD to go with my MAcc.

How many time zones have you lived in and what is your current time zone?

Three. Mountain, Pacific, and the one just east of Eastern. Currently in Mountain.

Are you looking forward to Wuap's welcome question and what do you think it will be?

I guess so. It will probably be about the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.

Do you expect anyone to respond to this thread?

Only if they want to add to what is destined to become the premier thread in Ellis Island.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        Scottsdale, AZ.
        Scottsdale. That must have been disappointing.

Comment

It's nice to have another Broncos fan on the board to comiserate with.
          "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
          "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Originally posted by BoylenOver View Post
            It's nice to have another Broncos fan on the board to comiserate with.
            Yeah, although I've found my Denver fandom to have decreased substantially over the years. I think the starting point of the decline was when I began participating in fantasy football leagues. Now, with several kids, I still watch whatever Denver games are broadcast here, but it's on DVR fast-watch (skip between plays) after the kids are in bed.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Pelado, perhaps you were unaware, but you are free to post in other threads now.

Most of the heavy lifting is done: you did the self-introduction thing and you also made the obligatory post about potatoes.

Go try your hand at some of the other topics. Run and be free.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                Scottsdale. That must have been disappointing.
                Scottsdale is a beautiful place. I would have loved to have served there.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  Where did you serve?

Scottsdale, AZ.
                  What??!?! Explain yourself sir.

Comment

I guess so. It will probably be about the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow.
                    Swallow this, you European upstart!

You guess so, McFly? Answer the following question very carefully, remembering that you're already on unauthorized-edits thin ice, because our future dealings on this site may depend, in large part, on your response to this:

Guess Jeans, featured in countless 80's pop culture hits, like Back to the Future, and an episode of The Charmings, wherein the dad, predictably, asked the daughter what kind of jeans she was wearing, and she responded, "Guess?" Hilarity ensued. Guess Jeans has sued several people for defamation over accusations that they used sweatshops and violated workers rights around the globe. A particularly effective and clever ad featured blue-jean-manufacturer-hating band Rage Against Machine (remember the "Everybody in Denial" mock Gap ad video?) claiming that Guess? Jeans treated its workers unjustly, with the tagline: Injustice. Don't Buy It. The owners of the brand, the Marciano family, also own the Marciano clothing line. Rocky Marciano beat Joe Louis's ass in a fight, but some contend that compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. This same conversation can be heard in Eddie Murphy's late 80's vehicle, Coming to America. That endlessly quotable film features such lines as "Right now, I'm washing lettuce, pretty soon I'll be on fries," "*&^% you, *&^% you, and *&^% you, Who next?" and the always sure-to-please, "Give it up for Sexual Chocolate!" At one point in the film, a distraught Eddie Murphy heir-to-the-throne character gives a large sum of cash to two street bums played by Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy. Any student of Murphy's films will recognize them as Randolph and Mortimer Duke. The line, uttered by Bellamy, "We're back!" carried such promise for a sequel to Trading Places, but, alas, death claimed them both before anything was done. So, the question remains, had they lived, what would've happened in the Trading Places sequel?
                    Last edited by wuapinmon; 06-22-2011, 07:27 PM.
                    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by SuperGabers View Post
                      What??!?! Explain yourself sir.
                      Just a tip of the cap to my former board persona.

I really served in Chicago.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                        Swallow this, you European upstart!

You guess so, McFly? Answer the following question very carefully, remembering that you're already on unauthorized-edits thin ice, because our future dealings on this site may depend, in large part, on your response to this:

Guess Jeans, featured in countless 80's pop culture hits, like Back to the Future, and an episode of The Charmings, wherein the dad, predictably, asked the daughter what kind of jeans she was wearing, and she responded, "Guess?" Hilarity ensued. Guess Jeans has sued several people for defamation over accusations that they used sweatshops and violated workers rights around the globe. A particularly effective and clever ad featured blue-jean-manufacturer-hating band Rage Against Machine (remember the "Everybody in Denial" mock Gap ad video?) claiming that Guess? Jeans treated its workers unjustly, with the tagline: Injustice. Don't Buy It. The owners of the brand, the Marciano family, also own the Marciano clothing line. Rocky Marciano beat Joe Louis's ass in a fight, but some contend that compared to Joe Louis, Rocky Marciano ain't shit. This same conversation can be heard in Eddie Murphy's late 80's vehicle, Coming to America. That endlessly quotable film features such lines as "Right now, I'm washing lettuce, pretty soon I'll be on fries," "*&^% you, *&^% you, and *&^% you, Who next?" and the always sure-to-please, "Give it up for Sexual Chocolate!" At one point in the film, a distraught Eddie Murphy heir-to-the-throne character gives a large sum of cash to two street bums played by Don Ameche and Ralph Bellamy. Any student of Murphy's films will recognize them as Randolph and Mortimer Duke. The line, uttered by Bellamy, "We're back!" carried such promise for a sequel to Trading Places, but, alas, death claimed them both before anything was done. So, the question remains, had they lived, what would've happened in the Trading Places sequel?
                        Here's what would have happened:

The story begins with Randolph and Mortimer counting the money received from an African prince in a McDowell's fast food restaurant. They are engaging in another $1 bet, though we don't immediately know what the bet is about.

After getting cleaned up and back into some respectable attire, Randolph and Mortimer then try to get back into the agricultural futures market, attempting to gain favor with the now abundantly wealthy firm of Valentine and Winthorpe. They endeavor to prove they are worthy of trust by completing a variety of tasks. The tasks are at first simple but menial - including something with gorillas. With each successfully completed task, the brothers receive more difficult assignments with greater responsibilities and increased comedic possibilities.

In the final scenes, after the Duke brothers have learned humility and all that crap, Valentine and Winthrope forgive them for their prior misdeeds. Once the brothers are alone again, Mortimer hands his brother a dollar.

Probably a good thing they didn't make the movie.
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

It's pretty unreal- true!
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Here's what would have happened:

The story begins with Randolph and Mortimer counting the money received from an African prince in a McDowell's fast food restaurant. They are engaging in another $1 bet, though we don't immediately know what the bet is about.

After getting cleaned up and back into some respectable attire, Randolph and Mortimer then try to get back into the agricultural futures market, attempting to gain favor with the now abundantly wealthy firm of Valentine and Winthorpe. They endeavor to prove they are worthy of trust by completing a variety of tasks. The tasks are at first simple but menial - including something with gorillas. With each successfully completed task, the brothers receive more difficult assignments with greater responsibilities and increased comedic possibilities.

In the final scenes, after the Duke brothers have learned humility and all that crap, Valentine and Winthrope forgive them for their prior misdeeds. Once the brothers are alone again, Mortimer hands his brother a dollar.

Probably a good thing they didn't make the movie.
                            Thy sins are forgiven; we shall be great friends.
                            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
                              Thy sins are forgiven; we shall be great friends.
                              Why doth this man thus speak blasphemies? Who can forgive sins but God only?
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
                                behold, the original (notice no mention of urine)

http://cougaruteforum.com/showthread.php?t=7671
                                That thread brings back fond memories.

I like Pelado. You guys caught a live one.

Comment

Working...
                                X