Impeaching Trump: Make America Sane Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    I don't understand why people freely take on the Trump stink.
    I'm confused about this as well. I hear people who didn't even vote for Trump passionately defend him now. Are they just arguing from a clannish perspective? "Trump's our devil now, and we will defend him to the death." The same people pooh-poohing Trump before the election. Or do they feel that acknowledging even one Trump misstep will cause the Liberals to win? I'm not talking about anyone in particular on CS, I'm talking about die hard republicans in my city and my ward. The same people who called McCain a rhino and have now switched to calling Mitt a rhino won't even consider that some of Trump's decisions in office place him squarely in the rhino pen. And they will support a conservative idiot in all his glory rather than acknowledge that sometimes the left does have some good points.
    Last edited by Katy Lied; 10-10-2019, 07:14 AM.

Comment

It's tempting to ignore Trump’s unhinged letter to Congress. But this is different.

I don't understand why people freely take on the Trump stink. Do they have no other options? Their support will follow them for the rest of their lives. As many have already said, history will not be kind to them.
      Tribalism.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
        So is Trump allowed to just refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry? I didn’t realize that’s optional.
        I guess when they say he “refuses to cooperate” he doesn’t just resign as president. They don’t have enough evidence/representatives to even bring impeachment to a vote in the house other than the republican in the senate from Utah that agrees with them because his feelings were hurt by that mean Drumpf. If the evidence was as Joe Biden said (“obvious”) then they would call for a vote.

Come on you Dems... keep digging! That sh*t poster has to have some dirt somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          I'm confused about this as well. I hear people who didn't even vote for Trump passionately defend him now. Are they just arguing from a clannish perspective? "Trump's our devil now, and we will defend him to the death." The same people pooh-poohing Trump before the election. Or do they feel that acknowledging even one Trump misstep will cause the Liberals to win? I'm not talking about anyone in particular on CS, I'm talking about die hard republicans in my city and my ward. The same people who called McCain a rhino and have now switched to calling Mitt a rhino won't even consider that some of Trump's decisions in office place him squarely in the rhino pen. And they will support a conservative idiot in all his glory rather than acknowledge that sometimes the left does have some good points.
          "It's the economy, stupid." People are fat and happy so, of course, they like Drumpf. I think a lot folks that voted for Drumpf are coming out of the closet.

My ward has a large percentage of Dems. They are funny people and I love them. One Sunday a lady had to speak to the Bishop because their was a car in the parking lot that had a "Trump MAGA" bumper sticker. She couldn't believe that any member in good standing would vote for that man. (No, Frank... that wasn't my car.)
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It’s a Fox News poll, being reported by MSNBC. I have no idea what to think about that.

It’s like Bill Riley quoting Greg Wrubell on an unflattering stat about Utah.

Comment

It's tempting to ignore Trump’s unhinged letter to Congress. But this is different.

I don't understand why people freely take on the Trump stink. Do they have no other options? Their support will follow them for the rest of their lives. As many have already said, history will not be kind to them.
              You need to become a student of the teachings of the Wu-Tang Clan
              As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
              --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• I still have mixed feelings about a Trump impeachment when it means President Pence.
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                  It’s a Fox News poll, being reported by MSNBC. I have no idea what to think about that.

Isn't it like Greg Wrubell quoting Bill Riley on an unflattering stat about Utah?
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    So is Trump allowed to just refuse to cooperate with the impeachment inquiry? I didn’t realize that’s optional.
                    What are they gonna do? Impeach him?
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                      What are they gonna do? Impeach him?
                      That seems to be the game of chicken that is at work.
                      When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Watching this "Constitutional crisis" between Trump and the House gives me feelings reminiscent of following the Iran-Iraq war in the eighties.
                        When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Watching this "Constitutional crisis" between Trump and the House gives me feelings reminiscent of following the Iran-Iraq war in the eighties.
                          Reminds me of watergate when Nixon was firing the attorney general for investigating him.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

It is in Fox's best interest to selectively poll people who are going to create poll numbers that drive viewership. Fox viewers aren't tuning in if 60% of people polled think Trump is going great. But tell them more than half of the country thinks he should be impeached and removed from office? You've got their attention and viewership. And a ton of material for the bantering talking heads to discuss as they assuage the viewer's concerns.
                            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                              Isn't it like Greg Wrubell quoting Bill Riley on an unflattering stat about Utah?
                              I was gonna say It's like Bill Riley quoting Greg Wrubell on an unflattering stat about BYU.

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                                I still have mixed feelings about a Trump impeachment when it means President Pence.
                                I thought Frank said that anyone would be better than Drumpf.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X