Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have you lived, and where would you move back to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    it’s so tempting. new york salary with houston cost of living? i fantasize about it from my 2 bedroom that’s $3800/month
    At a few of the firms. Most of the TX firms start at the new scale, but the yearly raises and bonuses fall off quickly. Latham, STB, and a few others keep on pace, however.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Logan-born there.
      Tucson-no.
      Green River, WY-no.
      Laramie, WY- hells to the no.
      Ft. Lupton, CO-no.
      Payson, AZ-maybe.
      Puerto Rico-no.
      Mesa, AZ-no.
      Provo, UT-never say never
      Montreal-yes.
      Dedham, MA-yes.
      Attleboro, MA-the outskirts yes.
      Bend, OR-yes.
      Last edited by Northwestcoug; 06-28-2018, 11:07 AM.
      "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
        At a few of the firms. Most of the TX firms start at the new scale, but the yearly raises and bonuses fall off quickly. Latham, STB, and a few others keep on pace, however.
        all of the non-tx firms i know of pay the same scale in houston.
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
          all of the non-tx firms i know of pay the same scale in houston.
          Yeah, I left after Latham, STB, and Sidley successfully established offices. I'm sure the other V20 firms who have jumped in pay the same.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
            Logan-born there.
            Tucson-no.
            Green River, WY-no.
            Laramie, WY- hells to the no.
            Ft. Lupton, CO-no.
            Payson, AZ-maybe.
            Puerto Rico-no.
            Mesa, AZ-no.
            Provo, UT-never say never
            Montreal-yes.
            Dedham, MA-yes.
            Attleboro, MA-the outskirts yes.
            Bend, OR-yes.
            Dude why you live so many places
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
              Dude why you live so many places
              The first half of that list represents my Dad (already in his 30s) getting a degree in an unstable field. And then when laid off, deciding to compound the situation by getting another degree in another unstable field. And then going back to the post office just to support the family. From the mission on, that’s all on me: school and training.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
              X