No announcement yet.

The Official Brisket Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 93 y/o grandpa came for lunch. Always a treat.

"Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post

My 93 y/o grandpa came for lunch. Always a treat.

Very cool. Looked like great food for all to enjoy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• I smoked a brisket at 250 degrees on Saturday night. I went to check the temp and wrap at 1am, expecting it to be at 180-185, and it was at 205. It had been on the smoke for 5 hours. It was to be served at 3pm. It was quite a feat trying to keep it moist. The flat was tasty, but dry. I cubed the point and made some tasty burnt ends using a simple recipe: Coke (reduced about half), BBQ sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, back on smoke for a couple of hours. Solid.

I'm pretty puzzled by the short smoke time, though. I wonder if removing so much of the fat between the point and flat is the culprit.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          I smoked a brisket at 250 degrees on Saturday night. I went to check the temp and wrap at 1am, expecting it to be at 180-185, and it was at 205. It had been on the smoke for 5 hours. It was to be served at 3pm. It was quite a feat trying to keep it moist. The flat was tasty, but dry. I cubed the point and made some tasty burnt ends using a simple recipe: Coke (reduced about half), BBQ sauce, and Worcestershire sauce, back on smoke for a couple of hours. Solid.

I'm pretty puzzled by the short smoke time, though. I wonder if removing so much of the fat between the point and flat is the culprit.
          Weird. Never seen that before.

I did two briskets yesterday, and nine racks of ribs. The briskets took 8 hours at 225 degrees. Just like always.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

I did two briskets yesterday, and nine racks of ribs. The briskets took 8 hours at 225 degrees. Just like always.
            Holy smokes (see what I did there?)! What was the occasion?

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
              Holy smokes (see what I did there?)! What was the occasion?
              dude likes people. seriously. wtf?
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                dude likes people
                Or he really, really, really likes brisket.
                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
                  Or he really, really, really likes brisket.
                  No, he just hates cows.
                  "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                  - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Your indexing brisket looks phenomenal.

Another mystery for my new smoker: No smoke ring. Ever. Solid smoke flavor, but something is getting in the way of a smoke ring. My guess is the high moisture content due to the water pan.
                    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Cooking two briskets today on the Yoder. I was going to do four, but wasn't sure if that many would fit. After putting the two on I realized that there's probably room for 5 if not 6 briskets. Guess I need to tell my bishop I can cook for the next ward party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• I generally do the first four hours straight on the smoker to get a better smoke ring.
                        hi

Comment

• That's generally a good idea if you want a better smoke ring. It is difficult to do in the oven.
                          "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

• Originally posted by Drunk Tank View Post
                            That's generally a good idea if you want a better smoke ring. It is difficult to do in the oven.
                            Pretty impressive that a web bot is smoking brisket!
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Pretty impressive that a web bot is smoking brisket!
                              She also makes cookies and sings in the ward choir. I love bestellen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                                She also makes cookies and sings in the ward choir. I love bestellen.
                                She's the best!

Comment

Working...
                                X