No announcement yet.

2017-18 NBA season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Refs were pretty bad all night. Several clean strips called fouls and several obvious fouls let go. I could live with all of that but then they reverse a call with replay? I didn’t even know they could use replay for a judgement call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Man, Draymond is the biggest douche.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I agree with HFN. He speaks the truth. I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch that and I was very perturbed!

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          I agree with HFN. He speaks the truth. I stayed up way past my bedtime to watch that and I was very perturbed!
          Uh-oh. I hope tomorrow’s great day is not in jeopardy.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I was surprised that they could and did "change" the call. But to be fair, the back official initially called it a block while the baseline official called it a charge. So I looked at it more as a clarifying review than as changing the call.

Also, I (foolishly) watched some of the post-game coverage/commentary. Stephen A. was saying that you can't change that call on Lebron, emphasizing the who instead of the what. That's part of the problem with the officiating - seems like so much of it is based on who instead of what they did.

I agree that the game was not well officiated. For example, the ejection on TT was ridiculous. It wasn't even much of a foul.

And don't even get me started on all the uncalled traveling violations. Everyone takes nearly seven steps before starting to dribble when bringing the ball upcourt from out-of-bounds.
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Looking at the box score. Lebron was 19/32. Cavs total was 44/99. So rest of team went 25/67 or 37% including 7/30 from three point. Amazing that Lebron carries these guys to what should have been a win on the road against the Warriors.

Comment

• couldn't agree more with HFN. people keep saying it was the right call. first, it wasn't conclusive. SVP interviewed Steve Javie about it and he thinks it was a charge. if its not conclusive, you don't overturn. second, even if you think it was a block and therefore the right call, as HFN said, how many calls could you do the same with in a given NBA game and have the same justification? 15? 25?

Players make boneheaded plays, guys miss free throws - but this was a conscious officiating decision that they had time to get together and look at (which they should never have done because LeBron wasn't close to the line) and they still chose to make a call that has literally never happened in NBA history and it was the wrong decision (not wrong call, but wrong decision) and effectively ended the series. the worst way to have the game taken from you.
                Last edited by smokymountainrain; 06-01-2018, 07:32 AM.
                I'm like LeBron James.
                -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
                  I was surprised that they could and did "change" the call. But to be fair, the back official initially called it a block while the baseline official called it a charge. So I looked at it more as a clarifying review than as changing the call.
                  but it wasn't. even the refs would admit that. it wasn't a clarifying review at all. it was called a charge on the floor (despite the two refs disagreeing) the ONLY reason they looked at it was due to the circle. it had nothing to do with clarifying the call. the call on the court was charge.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• 2017-18 NBA season

This game reminded me why I never watch the NBA.. Basically it’s WWE with a basketball. The ref’s are horrible and this is the finals.. the games are all predetermined when ref’s put on a shitfest of calls the entire game.

GS players are all Dicks. Draymond “Ogre” Green deserves to get dropped kicked and have his jaw broken so he can keep that basking whale shark of a mouth shut. It would be even better if he gets injured for the rest of the finals so we no longer have to endure his taunting antics unchecked by the ref’s. How that guy got away with just a technical foul for gouging LBJ’s eye out is beyond me. He plays like an oaf so he can get away with his purposeful physicality on defense when the ref’s should be reigning that asswipe in..

Let’s not forget, all this gloating by GS is like watching a bunch petulant brats who should know better since this team of misfits being carried by LBJ is not even favored to win a game.

Bunch of assholes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Last edited by dabrockster; 06-01-2018, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                      Looking at the box score. Lebron was 19/32. Cavs total was 44/99. So rest of team went 25/67 or 37% including 7/30 from three point. Amazing that Lebron carries these guys to what should have been a win on the road against the Warriors.
                      Yep Lebron accounted for over 70 points. Dude is amazing.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                        couldn't agree more with HFN. people keep saying it was the right call. first, it wasn't conclusive. SVP interviewed Steve Javie about it and he thinks it was a charge. if its not conclusive, you don't overturn. second, even if you think it was a block and therefore the right call, as HFN said, how many calls could you do the same with in a given NBA game and have the same justification? 15? 25?

Players make boneheaded plays, guys miss free throws - but this was a conscious officiating decision that they had time to get together and look at (which they should never have done because LeBron wasn't close to the line) and they still chose to make a call that has literally never happened in NBA history and it was the wrong decision (not wrong call, but wrong decision) and effectively ended the series. the worst way to have the game taken from you.
                        Javie was just saying that to support what he assumed the officials were going to do, which is stick with their original call on the floor. He was not emphatic nor did he think it was a clear cut charge. He is almost always deferential to the call that was made, so his 'analysis' is not meaningful in assessing the propriety of the original call.

In my mind there was no doubt it was a block. In fact, I think that only Lebron would get a charge call like that when he was sliding into the spot without being squared up at the same time Durant was elevating. It was an obvious block, from my POV. Moreover, the rule allows for this call to be reviewed. Under the circumstances, and under the rule, the refs followed the correct process and, IMO, made the correct call. There is also an article on SBNation this morning pointint out that this exact same process has resulted in calls being reversed in the last two minutes of games several times in the last few years.

I wil also add that it is not at all clear how close to the line LeBron was when he slides over. When actual contact was made there were six feet on the floor and if the refs consult and aren't positive where they were at the point of contact, it is certainly assumed they can review it.

If this was going to be a conscious choice to throw the game to GS the officials simply would not have called a charge, especially when there was an initial disagreement in the call.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

couldn't agree more with HFN. people keep saying it was the right call. first, it wasn't conclusive. SVP interviewed Steve Javie about it and he thinks it was a charge. if its not conclusive, you don't overturn. second, even if you think it was a block and therefore the right call, as HFN said, how many calls could you do the same with in a given NBA game and have the same justification? 15? 25?

You either have to review everything or nothing. Ref's do a subconscious accounting and understand that there are a lot of random calls and bad calls and they know subconsciously and intuitively when one team is behind and they make up for it. The "make up call" may not seem right, but I think there's logic to it. Lebron getting whacked by KD and getting called for the clean swipe on KD just earlier and then KD getting that gift on the pull up FT jumper that was a clean strip (actually i can't remember if that was later in OT or not). But I think giving Lebron that call right there was a make up thing. And unless you review everything, you shouldn't review that. Same thing goes for when the ref should have called a foul but doesn't but gives it to the offensive team on the out of bounds to make up for it, and then the review always gives it back to the defensive team. If you review for out of bounds, you should review for the foul call.
                          Last edited by jay santos; 06-01-2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                            You either have to review everything or nothing. Ref's do a subconscious accounting and understand that there are a lot of random calls and bad calls and they know subconsciously and intuitively when one team is behind and they make up for it. The "make up call" may not seem right, but I think there's logic to it. Lebron getting whacked by KD and getting called for the clean wipe on KD just earlier and then KD getting that gift on the pull up FT jumper that was a clean strip (actually i can't remember if that was later in OT or not). But I think giving Lebron that call right there was a make up thing. And unless you review everything, you shouldn't review that. Same thing goes for when the ref should have called a foul but doesn't but gives it to the offensive team on the out of bounds to make up for it, and then the review always gives it back to the defensive team. If you review for out of bounds, you should review for the foul call.
                            Except the rule specifically says that if they review whether the player is in the restricted area the refs can then review whether the player was in a legal defensive position. The ref did not take it upon themselves to review a call they should not have reviewed; instead, they did exactly what the rule says they can/should do.
                            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
                              Except the rule specifically says that if they review whether the player is in the restricted area the refs can then review whether the player was in a legal defensive position. The ref did not take it upon themselves to review a call they should not have reviewed; instead, they did exactly what the rule says they can/should do.
                              agree with Santos, but you are right here - the rule says you can review it. bad rule. the problem is that it wasn't conclusive. and to your point about Javie just saying that to support the refs, he maintained it was a charge 30 minutes after the game ended - completely going against what the refs ultimately decided. he said you don't have to be still, that LeBron planted his left foot and at that point did enough to draw the charge. whether you disagree or not, it points to the fact it wasn't conclusive.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

agree with Santos, but you are right here - the rule says you can review it. bad rule. the problem is that it wasn't conclusive. and to your point about Javie just saying that to support the refs, he maintained it was a charge 30 minutes after the game ended - completely going against what the refs ultimately decided. he said you don't have to be still, that LeBron planted his left foot and at that point did enough to draw the charge. whether you disagree or not, it points to the fact it wasn't conclusive.
                                Nailed it
                                Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Working...
                                X