X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
    How did this not get covered earlier?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-1...-women/9769980
    My guide would be: Not be Russian, have some money.

BTW, young Russian are really pretty. After 30 or so it goes downhill fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueK View Post
      Uruguay is going to kick their butts.
      That I anticipate but we need Egypt to kick as well so that Russia doesn't advance. Watching Putin at World Cup is reminiscent of seeing film of Hitler in the 1936 Olympics. We need plenty of Jesse Owens' moments in this World Cup. Unfortunately, we're not likely to see that in the pathetic Group A.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        My guide would be: Not be Russian, have some money.

BTW, young Russian are really pretty. After 30 or so it goes downhill fast.
        I haven't met enough to have an adequate sample size, but my inadequate sampling of real Russian women leads me to suspect they are money-grubbing cigarette smoking cynical and hypercritical babes who burn out real fast. I couldn't imagine being with one for very long if I were otherwise interested. Thanks, but no thanks.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          That I anticipate but we need Egypt to kick as well so that Russia doesn't advance. Watching Putin at World Cup is reminiscent of seeing film of Hitler in the 1936 Olympics. We need plenty of Jesse Owens' moments in this World Cup. Unfortunately, we're not likely to see that in the pathetic Group A.
          Everybody should find it easy to cheer for a great player and all-around nice person Mo Salah over Putin and the Russians. Go Egypt!

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
            Everybody should find it easy to cheer for a great player and all-around nice person Mo Salah over Putin and the Russians. Go Egypt!
            Salah is a fun player to watch.
            Last edited by Topper; 06-15-2018, 06:12 AM.

Comment

• Well, that was a fun game. Wish they could all be that good.

Comment

• Don’t watch Group A. None of those games will be good.

Comment

• I love that Argentina didnt play the ball out there. Way too often players take injuries to stop the flow of play. I don't GAF about being "sporting". Unless it is an obvious serious injury, wait until the ball is out to check on the guy.

Comment

• Well Argentina is on life support.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                      I love that Argentina didnt play the ball out there. Way too often players take injuries to stop the flow of play. I don't GAF about being "sporting". Unless it is an obvious serious injury, wait until the ball is out to check on the guy.
                      Play is only supposed to stop for "serious injury". That is subjective, but they seem to stop it for everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                        Well Argentina is on life support.
                        Some of these teams will recover, but imagine if many of these teams don't survive, Germany, Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru. They're all positioned badly at this stage.

Comment

• Allez les bleus!!

France advances today. They don’t look spectacular, but they are good enough so far. I snuck into the open executive office today and watched the second half.
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            Allez les bleus!!

France advances today. They don’t look spectacular, but they are good enough so far. I snuck into the open executive office today and watched the second half.
                            How can you not like a team that wears blue? I watched much of the game in flight, and noted their opponent had lots of great runs, but the shots were from too far out. Peru's Manager looked distraught throughout the game.

OTOH, it's hard to cheer for a team wearing red, i.e., Spain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                              How can you not like a team that wears blue? I watched much of the game in flight, and noted their opponent had lots of great runs, but the shots were from too far out. Peru's Manager looked distraught throughout the game.

OTOH, it's hard to cheer for a team wearing red, i.e., Spain.
                              I’ve been in Peru for the last week or so. Watched the game today with a bunch of elementary school kids. Obviously everyone was disappointed with the outcome but it was a blast watching their reactions throughout the game.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
                                I’ve been in Peru for the last week or so. Watched the game today with a bunch of elementary school kids. Obviously everyone was disappointed with the outcome but it was a blast watching their reactions throughout the game.
                                I actually like Peru and Peruvians are great people. I was conflicted because I usually root for the underdog but want France to do well.

Comment

Working...
                                X