President Thomas S. Monson summoned to court in England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Thomas S. Monson summoned to court in England

Last edited by optimomojo; 07-02-2015, 01:19 PM.

Wow. That's really funny.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Wow. That's really funny.
      Supposedly this is the October Surprise. I'm surprised at how groundbreaking this is. It's set back surprising anti-mormon efforts at least three decades.
      Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

it would be pretty bamf to have an international criminal for a prophet
        Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Originally posted by Pheidippides View Post
          Supposedly this is the October Surprise. I'm surprised at how groundbreaking this is. It's set back surprising anti-mormon efforts at least three decades.
          You have got to be kidding.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            You have got to be kidding.
            Don't think so, from what I gather. I didn't have high hopes in the first place, but this is pretty lame. Matches what Tom Phillips was saying about depositions and such.

I can't imagine that TSM ever sets foot in England over this.

Comment

Lame. They're going to prosecute a religious leader for fraud, for encouraging his flock to believe in religious claims? There's plenty of those to go around. Mormondom seems like a small target.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by optimomojo
                More grist for the mill with one person's opinion:
                http://mormondisclosures.blogspot.co...-to-court.html
                Tom Phillips, the acting prosecutor, is a retired management consultant. A Mormon convert since 1969, he has served as a Bishop, Stake President and Area Executive Secretary. He received the unspoken and secret ordinance of the second anointing. He also served as the Area Controller for the British Isles and Africa as well as the Financial Director for the Church’s U.K. corporate entities.
                Seems like a pretty clear conflict of interest for the prosecutor.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by optimomojo
                  More grist for the mill with one person's opinion:
                  http://mormondisclosures.blogspot.co...-to-court.html
                  you should be charged with 1st degree stupidity.

Comment

Sorry but I view this in the same light as those that sue McDonald's for making them fat. Just stupid.
                    "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      Sorry but I view this in the same light as those that sue McDonald's for making them fat. Just stupid.
                      People are speculating that there are a whole lot of financial fraud allegations that go behind this. But I'm with you. Not impressed.

Comment

LOL, and there are those in this country who admire the European system.

Comment

Ex-Mos are hilarious.

Comment

This could be a PR nightmare if the media run with it.
                            We all trust our own unorthodoxies.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                              Ex-Mos are hilarious.
                              Yes, good thing Sooner and SU aren't lawyers.

Comment

Working...
                              X