2018 BYU Recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    We know he sucks as an OC. I was just thinking maybe he’d suck just as bad as a QB coach, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Lost our best recruit who has been committed for a long time.

Brandon Kaho flipped to Washington.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
        Lost our best recruit who has been committed for a long time.

"Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          Lost our best recruit who has been committed for a long time.

I hope the bleeding stops soon. At this point, I just feel relieved that he didn't flip to Utah.

Comment

• Originally posted by USUC View Post
            I hope the bleeding stops soon. At this point, I just feel relieved that he didn't flip to Utah.
            I just feel disappointed that he didn't flip off Utah.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
            "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
            - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Interesting reading Twitter and really seeing folks viserate Sitake for not being able to hold onto the top tier poly kids.

I wonder if the record is the deciding factor in all of this, or if there is some community animosity due to the Bernard situation and the Tolutau suspension.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                Interesting reading Twitter and really seeing folks viserate Sitake for not being able to hold onto the top tier poly kids.

I wonder if the record is the deciding factor in all of this, or if there is some community animosity due to the Bernard situation and the Tolutau suspension.
                4-9
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

Interesting reading Twitter and really seeing folks viserate Sitake for not being able to hold onto the top tier poly kids.

I think people are beginning to realize the external challenges BYU faces. A consequence of that facing of reality is the top tier kids from within the culture are catching on as well. It will definitely hurt recruiting for a year or two or even three, but I still believe BYU can field a top tier non P5 program and if they are that dog they will get some of these top kids from friendly to BYU families. BYU has money. BYU has a huge alumni and fan base that wants it to be successful. To get there BYU is going to have to join some arms races and commit resources and possibly change some attitudes within certain circles but the resources and potential if there if a decision is made to leverage it. I do think that the hiring of Jeff Grimes could be an indicator that BYU is committing itself to leveraging its potential in football.
                  Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                  -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                  -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                    I think people are beginning to realize the external challenges BYU faces. A consequence of that facing of reality is the top tier kids from within the culture are catching on as well. It will definitely hurt recruiting for a year or two or even three, but I still believe BYU can field a top tier non P5 program and if they are that dog they will get some of these top kids from friendly to BYU families. BYU has money. BYU has a huge alumni and fan base that wants it to be successful. To get there BYU is going to have to join some arms races and commit resources and possibly change some attitudes within certain circles but the resources and potential if there if a decision is made to leverage it. I do think that the hiring of Jeff Grimes could be an indicator that BYU is committing itself to leveraging its potential in football.
                    I hope you are right. We had another kid decommit today. At this rate, we aren't going to have to worry about too many more kids decommiting, because we will be all out of commits.

Comment

I hope you are right. We had another kid decommit today. At this rate, we aren't going to have to worry about too many more kids decommiting, because we will be all out of commits.
                      That guy was a two star with no other real offers. Almost wonder if the coaches pulled his offer.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                        That guy was a two star with no other real offers. Almost wonder if the coaches pulled his offer.
                        Or if the primary coach(es) who were recruiting him were informed they're no longer on the staff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                          Or if the primary coach(es) who were recruiting him were informed they're no longer on the staff.
                          That also works. Probably not a big loss. I hope not at least.

Comment

• So he is 5 8" 180 lbs running back. Only other offer is Montana State. I'm ok losing him.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              So he is 5 8" 180 lbs running back. Only other offer is Montana State. I'm ok losing him.
                              I can understand that. Perception doesn't look good though. I know our o-line commits are all excited though. Lol.

Comment

I can understand that. Perception doesn't look good though. I know our o-line commits are all excited though. Lol.
                                The game is won in the trenches!

I am trying to be hopeful, but after this season it is really hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X