No announcement yet.

Breaking Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recently finished season one and I am on the third episode of season two. I almost gave up in season one after the first few episodes because the pace was so slow. Last episode of season one convinced me to try season two and the first two episodes have been great.

I really like that Hank character (and his nutty wife). I smile every time Hank comes on the screen. He seldom disappoints.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Recently finished season one and I am on the third episode of season two. I almost gave up in season one after the first few episodes because the pace was so slow. Last episode of season one convinced me to try season two and the first two episodes have been great.

I really like that Hank character (and his nutty wife). I smile every time Hank comes on the screen. He seldom disappoints.
      I just watched season 3. The first half of the season was great, the pacing was really slow in the middle, but the end was great.
      As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Spoiler for Moral dilemma Season 2:
        Is it murder when Walter lets Pinkman's girlfriend choke on her own vomit?

In the eyes of God and of man?

God = yes

Man = callous indifference?
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
          Spoiler for Moral dilemma Season 2:
          Is it murder when Walter lets Pinkman's girlfriend choke on her own vomit?

In the eyes of God and of man?

God = yes

Man = callous indifference?
          Spoiler for Moral Dilemma:
          I say:
          God = yes
          Man = yes

It's a major turning point for Walt, IMO. Up until that point, any death inflicted by him (either intentionally or unintentionally) was to someone who posed an immediate physical danger to pinkman, him, or his family. But she was the first person he "killed" purely out of fear that she might spoil his plans.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            Spoiler for Moral Dilemma:
            I say:
            God = yes
            Man = yes

It's a major turning point for Walt, IMO. Up until that point, any death inflicted by him (either intentionally or unintentionally) was to someone who posed an immediate physical danger to pinkman, him, or his family. But she was the first person he "killed" purely out of fear that she might spoil his plans.
            Spoiler for My thoughts on your thoughts:
            That's how I'm feeling about it. I think the virtue, as it were, went out of him over that one. I'm up to the episode where his wife tells him to leave and that's she too scared to know what the truth is. I know this; I hated his wife from S1E1.
            "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Spoiler for My thoughts on your thoughts:
              That's how I'm feeling about it. I think the virtue, as it were, went out of him over that one. I'm up to the episode where his wife tells him to leave and that's she too scared to know what the truth is. I know this; I hated his wife from S1E1.
              Spoiler for mas:
              Yes. Every death was seemingly justifiable collateral damage up until that point.

I like Skylar (though she does seem like that over-demand, under-reward, nag nag nag nag nag type at times), but maybe that's because I'm all the way through Season 3.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Spoiler for Skyler:
                So, I got to the episode last night where Skyler sleeps with her boss after Walt forces his way back into the house. I really hate her character. She's been whiny and nagging for the entire series. I know he's a drug dealer, but I've never found a pregnant mom more unsympathetic in a film/show than I do he
                r.

Comment

Spoiler for Skyler:
                  So, I got to the episode last night where Skyler sleeps with her boss after Walt forces his way back into the house. I really hate her character. She's been whiny and nagging for the entire series. I know he's a drug dealer, but I've never found a pregnant mom more unsympathetic in a film/show than I do he
                  r.
                  Everyone hates her. The producers said they are always shocked but how much fans detest Skyler.
                  So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

WOW!

Spoiler for Season three major spoiler:
                    Just when you think you've got Walt figured out, he goes and hits the two dealers with his car, shoots one of them in the head, and tells Jesse to "run!"

We have one episode left, and it's going to KILL me to wait and see what happens in the S3 finale.

Comment

WOW!

Spoiler for Season three major spoiler:
                      Just when you think you've got Walt figured out, he goes and hits the two dealers with his car, shoots one of them in the head, and tells Jesse to "run!"

We have one episode left, and it's going to KILL me to wait and see what happens in the S3 finale.
                      The last 10 minutes of the finale are pretty sweet.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

WOW!

I watched the S3 finale last night. Very nice cliff-hanger.
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

I just started Season 5 of the Wire this past weekend. I let out a happy "Gale!" when I saw that David Costablie (Breaking Bad's "Gale") was going to be a regular on Season 5.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                            Everyone hates her. The producers said they are always shocked but how much fans detest Skyler.
                            I think she is a great character. Adds some nice tension and unpredictability to the series.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              I watched the S3 finale last night. Very nice cliff-hanger.
                              Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              I just started Season 5 of the Wire this past weekend. I let out a happy "Gale!" when I saw that David Costablie (Breaking Bad's "Gale") was going to be a regular on Season 5.

Comment

Did I give something away?

Comment

Working...
                                X