Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
    Update.

Things have gotten more serious for Netanyahu as a new case (Case 4000; so weird, Case 1000, Case 2000, etc. What is with this numbering system?) is being pursued and three aides are cooperating with the police on this one. This is the most serious one of the bunch as Bibi is accused of directing favorable regulatory handling for Bezeq telecom company in return for favorable press coverage by Israel's Channel 2 (owned by the same Bezeq owner). It is more serious because three former Bibi underlings are ready to turn state's evidence on him. And just last week they interviewed Bibi and his wife separately (him in Tel Aviv and her in Jerusalem) at the same time on the case to prevent them from coordinating each other's stories.

It has Bibi thinking about calling new elections as his numbers remain fairly high. He did get the U.S. to move the embassy to Jerusalem after all. He could get another win in before possible indictments.

But even if he's gone, it may not matter.

Israel Contemplates a Future Without Netanyahu
    The expolsion of Arab Israeli citizens? That’s pretty fucked up. I hate Bibi.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
      The expolsion of Arab Israeli citizens? That’s pretty fucked up. I hate Bibi.
      48% support what is essentially ethnic cleansing. Wow.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        48% support what is essentially ethnic cleansing. Wow.
        Yeah, I don't know how that question was asked.

It likely reflects the views of people that have grown up under the real threat of attacks by Palestinians and who have no memory of earlier times when relations were better. Also, the ultrorthodox population is growing and I would think their views would be fairly straightforward on who has rights to the land and how to resolve that. But I'm just guessing here.
        Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
          Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
          You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              I feel like I need a Yes Yes No on this tweet.
              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Netanyahu wants us to win his war with Iran

Comment

Netanyahu puts wrong foot forward by serving Japan’s Abe dessert in a shoe

What a bunch of rubes.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Great overview of the situation.

A Muslim Among Israeli Settlers
                    What happens when a Pakistani American writer goes deep into the West Bank?

This video from the article is excellent as well.

Comment

Rubio's anti-BDS bill passed today.

Also, passing... bill opposing Syria, Afghanistan troop withdrawals.

Who said bipartisan politics is dead?

Comment

wrong country

Comment

But it looks like the anti-BDS bill will have a hard time passing in the House.
                          Last edited by BlueK; 02-06-2019, 07:05 AM.

Comment

ha.jpg

Comment

Ugh. He's going to be reelected. Thanks trump

Comment

Netanyahu probably wins 5th term. Sigh

Comment

Working...
                                X