Blink, Blink, Blink, What?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
    they're trying to recruit women to math.
    Rat girl is triggered.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• what a moron
      Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• One of our own is triggered too!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
          Aerostitch is a homegrown company this now makes some of the premier motorcycle clothing in the world. So I wasn't sure what to think when I saw this. Some of the reviews are pretty funny.

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/fo...um-aglets.html
          http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ghlight=Aglets

We finally have some conversation about aglets and Triplet has left us.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Rat girl is triggered.

They're never going to get female representation if rat girl and her friends shut down the events that are aimed at bringing women to math.
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
              They're never going to get female representation if rat girl and her friends shut down the events that are aimed at bringing women to math.
              No good deed goes unpunished.

From what I hear, this poster was made by a student and the dept immediately pulled it down and redesigned it when it showed up. They do this lecture regularly and they rotate the assigned faculty. But I guess internet outrage is fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                I'm so confused. So - the Women in Math organization is apparently intended to increase the representation of women in...well...math. But Rat Girl is upset - and not about the poster! Which leads me to believe that she is upset about the concept of getting women represented in math. And she wants women to represent their outrage at the efforts to increase women representation. Right? What am I missing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                  I'm so confused. So - the Women in Math organization is apparently intended to increase the representation of women in...well...math. But Rat Girl is upset - and not about the poster! Which leads me to believe that she is upset about the concept of getting women represented in math. And she wants women to represent their outrage at the efforts to increase women representation. Right? What am I missing?
                  you're not missing anything, just saying it in a longer and less clear way
                  Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    No good deed goes unpunished.

From what I hear, this poster was made by a student and the dept immediately pulled it down and redesigned it when it showed up. They do this lecture regularly and they rotate the assigned faculty. But I guess internet outrage is fun.
                    What's the probability that the students who made the flyer knew what they were doing? Funny stuff.

Thinking back, we were the same in college, it was just different outrage. My crowd was worried about environmentalists and vegetarians - then we all graduated and realized that poor production practices and bad luck were a far greater risk to the survival of a ranch. I guess we always need something to worry about...
                    sigpic
                    "Outlined against a blue, gray
                    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• I just added my 16 year old to the auto insurance policy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        I just added my 16 year old to the auto insurance policy

How much did it change the rate? When we put TK2 on the policy, it doubled. It's a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                          I just added my 16 year old to the auto insurance policy

sorry. fortunately, my wife has the eagle before drivers license rule so my 16 year old can't get his license yet. I think the rule is stupid, but if it saves me a couple hundred a month for several months, greatest rule ever!
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                            How much did it change the rate? When we put TK2 on the policy, it doubled. It's a joke.
                            More than doubled. He is costing $387/month. Needless to say, we are shopping around today for a new insurer. A friend in the ward just added their son and they are $200 less per month in total and they have nicer cars and more drivers.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              ours tripled when we put our daughter on. then she got in a couple accidents and it doubled again. smh.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• I'm with USAA... was at $79/month... the 18 ACT score son takes the car without permission... totals it... now it's $235.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X