No announcement yet.

Cutting the cord

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I get BYUTv via the Roku app but I generally just watch it over the air with my antenna and Tablo tuner. Tablo DVR is fantastic by the way.
    Live games on BYUTv are usually also simulcast on KBYU channel 11 locally.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
      I get BYUTv via the Roku app but I generally just watch it over the air with my antenna and Tablo tuner. Tablo DVR is fantastic by the way.
      Since I'm outside of Utah, the only broadcast of BYUtv we get is the DirecTV feed, which is not HD. So I use the Roku for most all BYUtv content.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
        I get BYUTv via the Roku app but I generally just watch it over the air with my antenna and Tablo tuner. Tablo DVR is fantastic by the way.
        KBYU permanently simulcasts BYUtv now.

https://www.byutv.org/kbyu

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
          Only dummies buy "smart" TVs. And folks that invest in the proprietary Samsung and LG systems doubly so.
          Dude, you are a Luddite!
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            I used to have Apple TVs but switched to Rokus because I liked them better. I like my samsung smart TVs even better. Trying to get down to a single device and a single remote.
            That Samsung and Roku crap is full of holes... The Russians are most likely watching you right now scratching yourself, setting there on your Lazyboy in your G's.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
              That Samsung and Roku crap is full of holes... The Russians are most likely watching you right now scratching yourself, setting there on your Lazyboy in your G's.
              We found that a relatively unsophisticated hacker could change channels, play offensive content, or crank up the volume, which might be deeply unsettling to someone who didn’t understand what was happening.
              OMG. That sounds awful.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

OMG. That sounds awful.
                I'm triggered.

WHERE'S MY SAFE SPACE?
                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

I signed up for the free one week trial of Youtube TV. Works great! The only problem for me is that it lacks BYUTV and Root Sports (Jazz games). If it adds those, I am all in.
                  Lol, wanting to watch the NBA. Yuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                    Still not available in my area
                    What the hell? My city is pushing 100K residents!

We tried PSVue for a couple of months, back to back with Sling. I liked the guide menu better, but Mrs. NWC learned Sling's eccentricities and didn't want to switch. So it's gone. As far as content, I really couldn't see much difference for us.
                    youtube tv is going nationwide: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/...-game-and.html

They may finally have you covered.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                      youtube tv is going nationwide: https://youtube.googleblog.com/2019/...-game-and.html

They may finally have you covered.
                      Hope so...because we are cutting the cord right after the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                        Seems funny that I have access to it and you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                          Are you getting an OTA antenna when you cut the cord? Get the antanna now and you won’t have any reason to wait until after the SB.

Comment

• Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                            Are you getting an OTA antenna when you cut the cord? Get the antanna now and you won’t have any reason to wait until after the SB.
                            Pausing and rewinding big plays and funny commercials!!
                            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• i got youtube tv (still have comcast at home) and it’s been great.
                              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I just discovered that Plex offers a local OTA dvr option. I already have Plex Pass and a Plex server set up. I just ordered a digital OTA tuner and antenna so I am going to give it a shot. If this works I am adding YoutubeTV and cutting the cable.

Comment

Working...
                                X