Expensive Suits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nikuman View Post
    I will weigh in here because I have owned many suits of many different types.

Because I am nowhere near vain enough to get a fully tailored one, I get stuff off the rack and then get it tailored.
    This is the key, if you ask me. The foremost sign of the well-dressed is that their clothes fit properly. The quality and construction of the garment is of no import if it doesn't sit well.

Comment

I can't be the only person here that owns a couple Stacy Adams suits, can I?
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

I have an idea. Y'all guys all post pics in your suits, and the cuffettes will tell you which ones look best!

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          I would go out on a huge limb and guess yes. I'll channel my inner Hallelujah and say you're also probably the only Caucasian with one too.
          "Nobody listens to Turtle."
          -Turtle
          sigpic

Comment

Heck no. Count me in. Every year I get a new Stacy Adams suit for NBA All-Star weekend. Croc loafers, too. Maybe some zebra skin loafers if it has been a particularly good year.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I am torn for Christmas and I need to get my order in today. Green suit, red shirt/tie or red suit, green shirt/tie. I can not decide!
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

One of the nice things about spending so much time in Asia is I only own completely hand tailored suits only. And they were all under $150. I wouldn't know if they are good or not. I also wouldn't know how to buy one at a store. I have a tailor I in Manila. I go in, he has about four women come measure me. They all make cracks in their language about how fat I am and how many sheep I am killing to get enough wool for me. I come back 5 days later and pick up a new suit. It's a lot of fun.

I hate suits.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

I am torn for Christmas and I need to get my order in today. Green suit, red shirt/tie or red suit, green shirt/tie. I can not decide!
                  Go with the snowflake look. White suit, white shirt and blue tie.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                    Go with the snowflake look. White suit, white shirt and blue tie.
                    Too late, already ordered. Plus that would be a good look for Jan-Feb not Christmas.
                    Get confident, stupid
                    -landpoke

Comment

I only have two nice suits. They are from john phillips,London. Rumor has it Arafat shops there
                      "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

When do you people find occasion to wear a suit? Work? Church? I thought the only profession still wearing suits was bankers, and the only people uptight enough to wear one to church are in the bishopric.

I have three suits in my closet, both were purchased the year I got home from my mission ('01). I've thought about replacing them, but what for? The only time any of them have been worn was for job interviews, but since that's over and nobody seemed to care how nice my suit was, I don't a need for one. Ok, maybe I see a need for one, but no more than that.

Business casual to work, throw a tie on the same for church.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

I wear suits to church on special occasions. I thought you law talking guys had to wear a suit.

Also no reason to wear a tie to church, I feel more worthy since I have stopped wearing one.
                          Get confident, stupid
                          -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Babs View Post
                            I have an idea. Y'all guys all post pics in your suits, and the cuffettes will tell you which ones look best!
                            Here are some pics I took this last summer after I got the topcoat made in Singapore and the gray suit made here in Japan.

And here's the topcoat over the blue cashmere suit that I had made two years ago and that I'm still obsessed with:

I need to lose 10 pounds to make the suit fit perfectly.

*EDIT: Dang, my office looks empty there. Since then I've put up curtains and pictures.*
                            Visca Catalunya Lliure

Comment

I wear suits to church on special occasions. I thought you law talking guys had to wear a suit.

Also no reason to wear a tie to church, I feel more worthy since I have stopped wearing one.
                              There are special occasions at church? Somebody forgot to notify me!
                              So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                                There are special occasions at church? Somebody forgot to notify me!
                                Christmas, Easter, St. Patrick's Day, 4th of July weekend (24th of July weekend if you are in Utah), baby blessings.
                                Get confident, stupid
                                -landpoke

Comment

Working...
                                X