Neb. is a top 30-60 team: now and forever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    Good grief. You realize that post was about this year's Alabama team right? Whatever.
    Just for that, I'm going to forego my lengthy discussion on why 1994 Nebraska (13-0) should be on that list. A true loss for CS.

Lebowksi has a quick trigger for all things Nebraska. Remember we got scolded for forecasting Kalani Sitake's second year (2017) at BYU and comparing to Mike Riley's second year (2016) at Nebraska despite the common theme that both teams would be in their second year under a new HC and new OC and transitioning to a pro-style passing offense while starting a running/dual-threat QB.
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

• One of the few good things to come out of Nebraska is the Fake Bo Pelini twitter account. If you don't follow it, you should. Very funny.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• 4 star wr, Jamire Calvin, picks Oregon State over Nebraska.

https://www.landof10.com/nebraska/ne...low-2017-class

This is the second wide receiver to choose Oregon State, Mike Riley’s old school, over Nebraska. 4-star receiver Isaiah Hodgins chose the Beavers over Nebraska back in December.
        Hey, Nebraska:

Comment

• lol @ Nebraska and any program that hires Mike Riley to be their HC in the future. I'm not sure there is a more foolproof path to mediocrity than to hire Mike Riley to coach your team.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            lol @ Nebraska and any program that hires Mike Riley to be their HC in the future. I'm not sure there is a more foolproof path to mediocrity than to hire Mike Riley to coach your team.
            We just wanted a non-crazy person to start with.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              4 star wr, Jamire Calvin, picks Oregon State over Nebraska.

Signing a third 4-star receiver has proven to be tough for Nebraska. The Huskers already have verbal commits from Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (CA) and Jaevon McQuitty (MO).
              “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                lol @ Nebraska and any program that hires Mike Riley to be their HC in the future. I'm not sure there is a more foolproof path to mediocrity than to hire Mike Riley to coach your team.
                Mike Riley is 63; Nebraska is probably his last coaching stop. Nebraska had already descended in mediocrity; the Huskers were aiming for sanity as Omaha 680 noted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                  Signing a third 4-star receiver has proven to be tough for Nebraska. The Huskers already have verbal commits from Keyshawn Johnson Jr. (CA) and Jaevon McQuitty (MO).
                  I have seen Keyshawn Johnson Jr play many times in person. He has bust written all over him. He is slow and fat. His best chance to be productive will be at TE and I am not sure he can play the position.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                    I have seen Keyshawn Johnson Jr play many times in person. He has bust written all over him. He is slow and fat. His best chance to be productive will be at TE and I am not sure he can play the position.
                    Interesting. What about teammate Tristan Gebbia? Do you think he will be a bust at QB and end up at TE as well?

Comment

• I think Tristan will be pretty good to great. To be honest though the best skill position player at Calabasas this year is Darnay Holmes. They also have a couple of very good underclassman receivers.
                      Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

We don't need slow, fat tight ends either. Maybe we could switch him to OL?

Comment

I think Tristan will be pretty good to great. To be honest though the best skill position player at Calabasas this year is Darnay Holmes. They also have a couple of very good underclassman receivers.
                          I've heard the same about Holmes and was hoping Nebraska could land him but he was a long shot with USC and UCLA in the mix. The video of his announcement was funny with his little nephew pointing at the Ohio St. hat and then that look of disappointment in his face when Holmes picked up the UCLA hat.

Comment

Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                            Jamire Calvin's mom says "it's not over" and Calvin's "heart is with Nebraska, he wants to go there" so he may still end up a Husker come signing day. Meanwhile, Nebraska got a verbal commitment for a third 4-star receiver, Tyjon Lindsey (Las Vegas Bishop Gorman) who has switched his verbal commitment from Ohio St.
                            http://www.starherald.com/sports/big...8fa7bddff.html

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            From this photo, Keyshawn does look a little pudgy next to Tyjon Lindsey.

Comment

Hey, Nebraska:

Just before signing day, Jamire Calvin commits to Nebraska.
                              http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footbal...937d50361.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Paperback Writer View Post
                                Just before signing day, Jamire Calvin commits to Nebraska.
                                http://www.omaha.com/huskers/footbal...937d50361.html
                                We're to classy to rub it in with a gif but I will give PBW a simple emoji

Comment

Working...
                                X