Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Trooper - ABBA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
      As if anyone needed further evidence of my advanced years, my earliest memory of a recorded song was of The Ballad of Davy Crockett which topped the charts back in the early to mid-50s. When I was three (coincidentally, the same age at which Davy killed him a b'ar), I would put on my coonskin cap and faux leather vest, grab my rifle, and stand by the record player, listening to that stirring anthem over and over and over.
      PAC, aka, King of the Wild Frontier!
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Reach out, i'll be there - the four tops.

my dad was a big Motown guy, so Motown was my introduction to music as a young kid going hunting and fishing in the pickup with dad. that particular song stands out as one I vividly remember.
        That's a great song to have as your first memory. I can hear him belt out "to cherish and care for you" with all that power without having to even look it up.

Originally posted by Commando View Post
        I remember being in my room with a radio or somebody's radio listening to the hits at the time, which seem to have been disco-tinged; Funky Town, Call Me, Macho Man, Physical, It's Still Rock and Roll to Me, etc. as well as random butt rock from my older brothers and hearing my mom's Neil Diamond and the Muppet Movie soundtrack on 8 track. Since memories don't form until age 3 or 4 it would have been around 1980-81, so it seems about right. I have oddly pleasant, fond memories of those songs.
        "Physical" is the first music video I can remember watching.

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        Scooby Doo theme song
        Little Mac is very excited by this development.

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
        My father, who never ever sang, sang this to my mother when she was in the hospital with a ruptured gall bladder when I was 9 months old. She told me that story every.single.time it ever came on the radio. I used to hate it for that reason. Now, I like it, since I've got to listen to it without her telling the story.

As if anyone needed further evidence of my advanced years, my earliest memory of a recorded song was of The Ballad of Davy Crockett which topped the charts back in the early to mid-50s. When I was three (coincidentally, the same age at which Davy killed him a b'ar), I would put on my coonskin cap and faux leather vest, grab my rifle, and stand by the record player, listening to that stirring anthem over and over and over.
        I have my mom's 45 of that song and I played it all the time on my record player. I also used her plate and cup when I was kid. I think they got broken with my sister, but I thought it was so cool to have them. I remember it had the Alamo on the plate and a bear and the outline of Tennessee on it.

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        Super Trouper - ABBA

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        So, I didn't know this song. I'm so very sorry.
        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Ring of Fire--Johnny Cash and June Carter
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Scooby Doo theme song
            I was wondering if TV songs count. If so, theme song from Sesame Street.
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

That's easy.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                Ooh good one. That, Mr. Rogers, and the theme from the Electric Company and Captain Kangaroo-- however those go. I don't remember those last two, but I do remember watching them and hearing the songs.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Scooby Doo theme song
                  Originally posted by hostile View Post
                  If those count, I'd probably have to say The Ballad of Davy Crockett or the theme from Mighty Mouse. I wanted to be Mighty Mouse when I grew up. 'Here I come to save the day!' (although that's the only part of the song that I remember)

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
                    If those count, I'd probably have to say The Ballad of Davy Crockett or the theme from Mighty Mouse. I wanted to be Mighty Mouse when I grew up. 'Here I come to save the day!' (although that's the only part of the song that I remember)
                    Same as Andy Kaufman.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                        Ooh good one. That, Mr. Rogers, and the theme from the Electric Company and Captain Kangaroo-- however those go. I don't remember those last two, but I do remember watching them and hearing the songs.
                        Anyone remember Zoom on PBS from that era? I have never forgotten their jingle to have kids write into the show:

Write Zoom! Z double-O M, Box 350, Boston Mass 02134. Send it to Zoom!

Comment

First real music I remember is a mash of Christopher Cross (When you get lost between the moon and New York City, Sailing), The Carpenters, Air Supply, and other soft hits from the mid-70's. That would border on child abuse now, but what else would faithful mormon newlyweds listen to at that point?

Comment

The first one from the radio was Puff the Magic Dragon by Peter, Paul and Mary. That's the one that got me listening to the local rock and roll stations - KMUR and KNAK. Then I bought a transistor radio and was tuned in from then on until I left for my mission. When I got back in 1974 I wondered what was wrong with me that the popular music didn't sound good to me anymore. I eventually figured out that the problem was the most of the music sucked by then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z15pxWUXvLY

Comment

Originally posted by chrisrenrut View Post
                              Anyone remember Zoom on PBS from that era? I have never forgotten their jingle to have kids write into the show:

Write Zoom! Z double-O M, Box 350, Boston Mass 02134. Send it to Zoom!
                              Yes and it was spoken like a Southie.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                                Yes and it was spoken like a Southie.
                                Don’t forget the SASE!
                                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Working...
                                X