I love Utah politics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    I agree... I lost all respect I had for him when he pulled his support for the candidate of his own party:

https://kutv.com/news/local/utah-lt-...-support-trump

You don't stab your own party members in the back... Who did he think he was? John McCain?

Good thing he resigned. All those Utah GOP'ers that voted for Drumpf would have canned him for sure.
    He supports Trump. Even if he didn't, he'd still be a gaping asshole.

Comment

• What would you think about Huntsman running for Utah governor again?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...a-utah/591247/
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
        What would you think about Huntsman running for Utah governor again?

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...a-utah/591247/
        No.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
          No.
          Seconded.

Comment

No.
            Not Trumpy enough for you?

Comment

• Originally posted by New Mexican Disaster View Post
              Not Trumpy enough for you?
              Well, he works for Trump so that's not it. I have a number of problems with Huntsman.

I don't like that he pretended to be practicing LDS during his first gubernatorial run when he wasn't. It's not that I care that he's not practicing, rather that he was deceptive. Jason Chaffetz was his campaign manager during that election, which I also don't like.

I don't like that he was planning a presidential run against Obama while he was serving in a pretty important position in the administration. Deceptive and disloyal. Can you imagine how that looked to our counterparts in China? His replacement had a hell of a job cleaning that up.

I don't like that he is planning a governor's run in Utah while he's serving in a pretty important position in the Trump administration. I also don't like that this will be the third time in a row he's left a government position early to move on to something else.

All that said, he seemed to be a pretty great governor during his previous time in Utah. I wouldn't be that annoyed if he won, but I like other candidates a lot better.

Comment

but I like other candidates a lot better.
                Spencer Cox

Comment

Well, he works for Trump so that's not it. I have a number of problems with Huntsman.

I don't like that he pretended to be practicing LDS during his first gubernatorial run when he wasn't. It's not that I care that he's not practicing, rather that he was deceptive. Jason Chaffetz was his campaign manager during that election, which I also don't like.

I don't like that he was planning a presidential run against Obama while he was serving in a pretty important position in the administration. Deceptive and disloyal. Can you imagine how that looked to our counterparts in China? His replacement had a hell of a job cleaning that up.

I don't like that he is planning a governor's run in Utah while he's serving in a pretty important position in the Trump administration. I also don't like that this will be the third time in a row he's left a government position early to move on to something else.

All that said, he seemed to be a pretty great governor during his previous time in Utah. I wouldn't be that annoyed if he won, but I like other candidates a lot better.
                  He lacked serious leadership skills. The legislature passed bills he opposed and he signed them anyway or allowed them to become law. He did this for things that weren’t veto proof. I like his moderate tone but he defaults to stronger voices. He also helped launch the career of Mike Lee, another knucklehead.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                    He lacked serious leadership skills. The legislature passed bills he opposed and he signed them anyway or allowed them to become law. He did this for things that weren’t veto proof. I like his moderate tone but he defaults to stronger voices. He also helped launch the career of Mike Lee, another knucklehead.
                    Knucklehead is an underrated word.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I don't live in Utah, but I don't think that Huntsman can distinguish himself from Cox in a meaningful way, and he'll struggle to slow Cox's momentum.
                      Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I thought your first objection to him would be that he was a fan of the University of Utah.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Knucklehead is an underrated word.
                          It is an underrated word and also not one that is strong enough to describe Mike Lee.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
                            I thought your first objection to him would be that he was a fan of the University of Utah.
                            Even worse is that he doesn't seem like the type that likes sports. Like if you asked him about sports he's the kind of asshole that says "I'd rather play basketball than watch somebody else play."

Also he likes Prog Rock. Ugh. Stay in Russia.

Comment

Even worse is that he doesn't seem like the type that likes sports. Like if you asked him about sports he's the kind of asshole that says "I'd rather play basketball than watch somebody else play."

Also he likes Prog Rock. Ugh. Stay in Russia.
                              I interviewed Huntsman during was an intern for a newspaper. He was very patient and gracious but he had a major dead fish handshake.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                I interviewed Huntsman during was an intern for a newspaper. He was very patient and gracious but he had a major dead fish handshake.
                                How can a politician have a dead fish handshake?
                                "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                                - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Working...
                                X