What's wrong with Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Surfah View Post

This should be in "what's right with Texas". Clearly the nice folks in Texas just don't want the men in Ohio to feel bad about themselves.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      This should be in "what's right with Texas". Clearly the nice folks in Texas just don't want the men in Ohio to feel bad about themselves.
      Sure, Stubby. Whatever.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

That was a genuine lol. So funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Clearly, the Lone Star State uses different descriptions when describing penis size. Nine inches is "small"; four and a half inches is "tiny". As often occurs, poll results can be skewed because of unclear language or regional differences in interpreting a question.
          “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
          "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

Comment

There is a logical explanation for all of this... It is all those SEC loving A&M fans:

Federal court in Florida accepts hoax lawsuit against Manziel

Yes, Johnny Manziel technically has been sued for sexual harassment in a Florida federal court.

No, it’s not a real lawsuit. It’s a hoax. An obvious hoax. A hoax so obvious that the clerk of the court should have refused to dignify it with a date stamp or with an assignment of the case to both a judge and a magistrate.
            [...]
            The lawsuit — again, it’s a hoax — also claims that Manziel sent a naked picture of himself with his penis in a hotdog bun, that he sent a photo with a “ruler next to his erect penis that measured 4-1/2 inches,” that he “keeps asking me to strip for him at his boy, Lebron James’ crip [sic] in Miami,” that Manziel “told me he does steroids and lifts weights,” and that “if another man ever talks to me, he would beat them up and get away with it because he’s famous.”
            [...]
            http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ainst-manziel/

Don't ask me to explain what is going on in Ohio.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I guess we have finally unraveled the mystery of why Texans are so obsessed with making everything bigger. Makes perfect sense.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I'm a Texas transplant...
                "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                  I'm a Texas transplant...
                  Makes sense that is big business down there.

Comment

So small genetalia that may or may not have herpes. Sounds about right.

"Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Texas' federal courts doing their best to keep patent trolling alive. Gracias, Tejas!

http://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2...ng-more-texas/
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I spent some time in the Dallas area for the first time this weekend. I have to say that the drivers there are terrible. Makes driving on Salt Lake highways feel like heaven.

Comment

well, besides Ebola of course, there is this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/death-...040001012.html

The Federal Highway Administration, which says $170 billion a year is needed to improve performance and conditions on U.S. roadways, has estimated that each $1 billion in federal highway and transit investment would support 13,000 jobs for one year.

Texas alone falls $4 billion short each year for what it needs to maintain the system it has because, as a state transportation committee noted, current funding levels are "unacceptable."

"People are dying because of the infrastructure," said Jami Owen, a Midland resident who pushed to get a local highway expanded after her spouse, Mark, perished in a 2009 head-on crash. "My husband died because of the infrastructure."
                          I'm like LeBron James.
                          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                            well, besides Ebola of course, there is this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/death-...040001012.html
                            Ebola is the republicans' fault according MSNBC's Joy Reid.

As for the roads they haven't kept up with the growth and Texas hasn't raised taxes on gas for over 20 years (even as cars got better gas mileage). Prop 1 that would divert funds from education to roads instead of simply raising the gas taxes. It seems that higher gas taxes and more toll roads is the answer. Of course, with battery technology improvements and cars like those new Telsa Model S D's (0-60 in 3.2 sec) Texas may need to start taxing electricity to pay for roads or just build more toll roads.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Tesla.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                                Tesla.
                                Meesa thinks yousa rood!
                                PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Working...