BYU hoops for 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jay santos View Post
    I'm having serious Dave Rose doubts after watching our defense this year. Not his best job this year.
    236689_whatchu_talkin_bout_willis.jpg

Comment

• ALL-WCC teams announced:

2012-13 West Coast Conference Player of the Year
      Kelly Olynyk, Jr., F, Gonzaga

2012-13 West Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year
      Mike Hart, Sr., G, Gonzaga

2012-13 West Coast Conference Newcomer of the Year
      Stacy Davis, Fr., F, Pepperdine

2012-13 West Coast Conference Coach of the Year
      Mark Few, Gonzaga

2012-13 ALL-WEST COAST CONFERENCE TEAM

Player

Year

Pos.

School

Brandon Davies

Sr.

F

BYU

Matthew Dellavedova

Sr.

G

Saint Mary's

Cole Dickerson

Jr.

F

San Francisco

Kevin Foster

Sr.

G

Santa Clara

Elias Harris

Sr.

F

Gonzaga

Tyler Haws

So.

G

BYU

Anthony Ireland

Jr.

G

Loyola Marymount

Kelly Olynyk

Jr.

F

Gonzaga

Kevin Pangos

So.

G

Gonzaga

Marc Trasolini

Sr.

F

Santa Clara

Honorable Mention
      Christopher Anderson (San Diego); Jordan Baker (Pepperdine); Gary Bell Jr. (Gonzaga); Stacy Davis (Pepperdine); Johnny Dee (San Diego); Cody Doolin (San Francisco); Stephen Holt (Saint Mary's); Lorne Jackson (Pepperdine); Ryan Nicholas (Portland)
      *Banned*

Comment

• Shouldn't Haws be considered a WCC newcomer? It was his first season in the conference....
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          ALL-WCC teams announced:

2012-13 West Coast Conference Player of the Year
          Kelly Olynyk, Jr., F, Gonzaga

2012-13 West Coast Conference Defensive Player of the Year
          Mike Hart, Sr., G, Gonzaga

2012-13 West Coast Conference Newcomer of the Year
          Stacy Davis, Fr., F, Pepperdine

2012-13 West Coast Conference Coach of the Year
          Mark Few, Gonzaga

2012-13 ALL-WEST COAST CONFERENCE TEAM

Player

Year

Pos.

School

Brandon Davies

Sr.

F

BYU

Matthew Dellavedova

Sr.

G

Saint Mary's

Cole Dickerson

Jr.

F

San Francisco

Kevin Foster

Sr.

G

Santa Clara

Elias Harris

Sr.

F

Gonzaga

Tyler Haws

So.

G

BYU

Anthony Ireland

Jr.

G

Loyola Marymount

Kelly Olynyk

Jr.

F

Gonzaga

Kevin Pangos

So.

G

Gonzaga

Marc Trasolini

Sr.

F

Santa Clara

I'd put this team up against any other all-conference team in the nation.

edit: nvm this is two team's worth of players
          Last edited by jay santos; 03-05-2013, 01:20 PM.

Comment

And how far would you get?
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

I would pay good money to see those games as well. The WCC does not lack talent. Lacks fan support/GYM size but not talent.
              ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                And how far would you get?
                it was a joke. see my edit.

Comment

• I'm sad to see criticism of Rose. Early in the year he was doing a great job of covering the flaws of this team but once those flaws were exposed, the team has struggled. Losing all of the power forwards on the roster hurt this team. Losing the two best small forwards exacerbated the problem. Despite those weaknesses, this has not been a rebuilding year. This team has been on the cusp of an NCAA tournament bid until February when their weaknesses were exposed. The question now is what do we do next year at the 4 spot and how do we shore up the 3 spot. Rose has done an admirable job and I expect he will do so again.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillerDog View Post
                    I'm sad to see criticism of Rose. Early in the year he was doing a great job of covering the flaws of this team but once those flaws were exposed, the team has struggled. Losing all of the power forwards on the roster hurt this team. Losing the two best small forwards exacerbated the problem. Despite those weaknesses, this has not been a rebuilding year. This team has been on the cusp of an NCAA tournament bid until February when their weaknesses were exposed. The question now is what do we do next year at the 4 spot and how do we shore up the 3 spot. Rose has done an admirable job and I expect he will do so again.
                    BYU is bringing in Skyler Halford next year. That leaves one more open scholarship. The only other name I have heard bandied about is Sai Tummalla who would be a 3 for BYU but BYU could also go after a JC 4. Kyle Collinsworth can play the 4 for BYU, and in my opinion that is where I think Kyle will play next year. So I look for BYU to land another wing from JC, but I guess BYU could go and get another 4 in addition to a 3 and cut someone lose - likely Winder with Halford on board.
                    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                    -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

• Davies leads Reeses All-Star East team

BYU senior Brandon Davies totaled 12 points, nine rebounds and four assists to lead the East All-Stars to an 87-81 win over the West in the 2013 Reese’s Division I College All-Star Game at The Georgia Dome.

Iowa State’s Will Clyburn was named the West’s Reese’s Perfect Player of the Game as he finished with a game-high 17 points to go with eight rebounds.
                      http://byucougars.com/m-basketball/d...-all-star-game

Game to be rebroadcast on Sunday at noon MDT on CBS. I already set my Genie.
                      Last edited by Pelado; 04-05-2013, 09:01 PM.
                      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Davies named MVP of Portsmouth. That tournament earned Travis Hansen a draft pick.
                        "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                          Davies named MVP of Portsmouth. That tournament earned Travis Hansen a draft pick.
                          Portsmouth used to be much more valuable than it is now. Now every year there are NBA analysts talking about how the PIT should just be "put out of its misery" when player after player declines the invitation to go play.

But this strong showing by Davies has likely earned him an invite to the combine in Chicago, and he likely already has teams ready to invite him to workouts when they bring in better prospects.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
                            BYU is bringing in Skyler Halford next year. That leaves one more open scholarship. The only other name I have heard bandied about is Sai Tummalla who would be a 3 for BYU but BYU could also go after a JC 4. Kyle Collinsworth can play the 4 for BYU, and in my opinion that is where I think Kyle will play next year. So I look for BYU to land another wing from JC, but I guess BYU could go and get another 4 in addition to a 3 and cut someone lose - likely Winder with Halford on board.
                            This Sai Tummala would be a huge pickup for BYU. I think there isn't to much known about his recruiting but from what I can gather he has definite offers from ASU, BYU, Nebraska, CSU and a bunch of smaller schools. There is also interest and perhaps offers for him from Pitt, Miami, Gonzaga and a bunch of other smaller programs such as Utah. The kid is a 4.0 student and from what little I can see really mature about the whole thing. I think he is a good fit for BYU stylistically, but this kid doesn't strike me as one that is going to act fast. He will methodically wait this out while the bigger schools filter through their various options so that his field of options settles and he can pick what serves what he is looking for best. I really hope that BYU lands him, but make no mistake it would be a huge pickup and it would make a spectacular recruiting class for BYU much, much better.
                            Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
                            -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
                            -DOCTOR Wuap

Comment

Working...
                            X