Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

President Trump: Making America Great Again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    you missed it. He has gotten increasingly salty as time has gone by. Furhter evidence of the decay in civility in our society.
    At least we get to blame all of our incivility on Trump!
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
      you missed it. He has gotten increasingly salty as time has gone by. Furhter evidence of the decay in civility in our society.
      Haha. He is not the only one.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
        Just adding to the immigration debate - this guys pretty funny, but the language is a little rough. Turn down the volume...

https://www.facebook.com/officialsta...9443351146337/
        I actually really liked his observations on nationalism. It makes me wonder why I've never framed it like that. Probably because I also take pride in things I had nothing to do with, such as the Mormons' colonization of the West. (Or BYU football's 84 National Championship)
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Trump to meet with Putin alone. Very unusual.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            Trump to meet with Putin alone. Very unusual.
            Prediction: Trump will report that Putin has assured him the Russkies did NOT interfere in the U.S. election and that there was absolutely no collusion, thus closing the matter once and for all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
              Trump to meet with Putin alone. Very unusual.
              Should ring some alarm bells. If nothing else, Trump will accidentally share a bunch of sensitive intel. It will be interesting to see what Trump does re. foreign policy over the month or so following his meeting with his boss.

Comment

• :wankers:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                  :wankers:

Kind of funny to see republicans fighting against reduction in the size of government.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Kind of funny to see republicans fighting against reduction in the size of government.
                    Meh. It's consistent with the pro law enforcement/military part of their ideology. You know, the part where they ignore one of the three biggest contributors to the deficit.

I do wonder, though. What replaces them? I believe we should have open borders, but we have to have some system/agency that enforces the rules to keep bad guys out. Note: My definition of bad guys is criminals and/or people who want to enter our country to do harm.
                    sigpic
                    "Outlined against a blue, gray
                    October sky the Four Horsemen rode again"
                    Grantland Rice, 1924

Comment

• I wonder if the 'GOP' realizes that ICE does not patrol the border.
                      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboy View Post

I do wonder, though. What replaces them? I believe we should have open borders, but we have to have some system/agency that enforces the rules to keep bad guys out. Note: My definition of bad guys is criminals and/or people who want to enter our country to do harm.
                        Funny you should say that-- seems like the current administration's definition of 'bad guys' is 'young families from Honduras.'

"Sorry, America, we've got our hands full with this lot of bad apples- don't worry about all that drug smuggling and human trafficking going on-- it's not like there's no demand anyway, right? What we do know is that nobody ASKED for more refugees!"

Comment

• What I find super interesting in this tweet is that ICE has nothing to do with any of those things-- not patrolling the border and not fighting crime, drugs, or terrorism. They do enforce immigration laws-- the bold implication of this tweet being that immigrants are terrorists, criminals, and drug pushers. Gee this is a fresh new take for Republicans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                            I wonder if the 'GOP' realizes that ICE does not patrol the border.
                            This is why I called them wankers. Of course they realize that but they’d rather feed the ignorance of their base than to have a real rebuttal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                              Ha. I thought you were being serious. For the life of me I can't conceive of how small U.S. Embassy security detachments of around 30 Marines each are fucking up countries like Rwanda, Sudan, Togo, Angola, Mauritania, et al.

Just be bold and give us your list of countries that one could argue have been fucked by a U.S. military presence.

Let me help you pick some cherries:

Iraq
                              Viet Nam (pretty dated and an economic miracle in the making)
                              Cambodia
                              Laos

Anymore?
                              I am being serious (and don't call my Shirley). You want to start with the ME? OK, then.
                              Iraq
                              Syria
                              Yemen
                              Afghanistan

Any immigrant person originating from these countries should be automatically admitted to the US out of courtesy for having a hand in fucking up their country.

(Also, a shout-out to Iran... who had the good sense to kick us out after getting tired of fucking up/with their country.)

Where to next? Asia, Africa?
                              You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                              Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                              You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                                I am being serious (and don't call my Shirley). You want to start with the ME? OK, then.
                                Iraq
                                Syria
                                Yemen
                                Afghanistan

Any immigrant person originating from these countries should be automatically admitted to the US out of courtesy for having a hand in fucking up their country.

(Also, a shout-out to Iran... who had the good sense to kick us out after getting tired of fucking up/with their country.)

Where to next? Asia, Africa?
                                Okay, that's a far cry from 150. I'm very sympathetic to your position, especially when it comes to Iraq (particularly those that worked with the US over the years). The other three are debatable since they were basket cases before the U.S. got involved. But those that have worked with us should get special consideration.
                                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Working...
                                X