Primary Choirster Idea Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
    Also David isn't considered a prophet except in Islam.
    Peter thought he was:

Acts 2:25-31

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

Comment

Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
      Peter thought he was:

Acts 2:25-31

25 For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved:

26 Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope:

27 Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day.

30 Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne;

31 He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.
      Prophet with a little 'p'.
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
        He sure used it a lot, even if it was small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Pelado View Post
          He sure used it a lot, even if it was small.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by falafel View Post
            So many p's...
            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              So many p's...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Clark Addison View Post
                One year in, and I will say that Primary Music Leader is the best calling in the church. There is the downside of having to spend a lot of prep time, but it is a blast, as long as you don't have one of those stick-in-the-mud Primary Presidents who expects you to keep the kids quiet and reverent. Mine doesn't, so I have a lot of fun.

So anyway, the song for the month of March is "Follow the Prophet". I will be teaching all verses of it, just to tick off all the liberals in the ward. In fact, maybe I won't even have them sing the verses in the primary program at all; just 10 minutes of repeating the chorus at full volume.

I thought it would be nice to write a new verse for President Monson, since most of these kids have never heard of obscure prophets like Enoch, Daniel, Jonah, etc. However, I am having a harder time than expected. Here is what I have so far. If anyone has any better ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thomas Monson is our prophet, in the current day,
                Tells us we should marry, but not if we are gay.
                If you will be happy, do not become bitter,
                Follow Tommy's words, not Sooner's posts on Twitter
                Follow the Prophet, etc. etc.
                I hadn't seen this before. My wife had a much better verse for Thomas S. Monson, just saying. Don't worry this was written we were faithful.
                http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...ll=1#post67928

Monson is our prophet, uses passive voice;
                We should fight gay marriage and the pro-choice.
                In this bad recession, prudence is the way!
                That huge house in Alpine can wait another day.
                (chorus)
                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

David was a prophet
                  he could throw a stone,
                  Sadly his eyes would wander
                  and made him want to bone.

To hide he found Uriah
                  and left him in a heap.
                  If he had been thinking
                  he would have stuck with sheep.
                  One of the grandest benefits of the enlightenment was the realization that our moral sense must be based on the welfare of living individuals, not on their immortal souls. Honest and passionate folks can strongly disagree regarding spiritual matters, so it's imperative that we not allow such considerations to infringe on the real happiness of real people.

Woot

I believe religion has much inherent good and has born many good fruits.
                  SU

Comment

Originally posted by snowcat View Post
                    David was a prophet
                    he could throw a stone,
                    Sadly his eyes would wander
                    and made him want to bone.

To hide he found Uriah
                    and left him in a heap.
                    If he had been thinking
                    he would have stuck with sheep.
                    Not bad. The cadence is almost perfect for the song.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                      Haha. Clack, that is probably the worst attempt at poetry/verse in the history of this fair board. sjbh.
                      I know... it's guy's like me that roll up the sleeves and try things.... it's guy's like you that sit in their great and spacious engineering buildings and say things like.... sorry... just being hubris.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                        I know... it's guy's like me that roll up the sleeves and try things.... it's guy's like you that sit in their great and spacious engineering buildings and say things like.... sorry... just being hubris.
                        Knock if off. I love poetry contests.

Brigham was a prophet
                        The Lion of the Lord
                        He loved plural marriage
                        Didn’t need a flaming sword

He preached blood atonement
                        And Adam-god theory
                        None of these caught on
                        Except his university
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Knock if off. I love poetry contests.

Brigham was a prophet
                          The Lion of the Lord
                          He loved plural marriage
                          Didn’t need a flaming sword

He preached blood atonement
                          And Adam-god theory
                          None of these caught on
                          Except his university
                          I hate to say it... but that was excellent.... made me laugh...

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                            I hate to say it... but that was excellent.... made me laugh...
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

President Hunter was a prophet
                              for nine months then he died.

τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Russell M's our prophet
                                the oldest one we've known
                                so many grandchildren
                                but only one WE own

a heart surgeon by trade
                                now he talks with God
                                wedded wendy Watson
                                sherry dew was awed
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment