Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where have you lived, and where would you move back to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
    It makes it on desired destination lists because of the Ol' Hens that want to go to the Mecca that is the National Quilt Museum.

The old downtown looks nice. If you hate it so much you should devote yourself to voting for the second place city. I hear that place kicks ass.
    There's no such thing as luck, only drunken invincibility. Make it happen.

Tila Tequila and Juggalos, America’s saddest punchline since the South.

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
    Today is Friday, Friday (Partyin’)

Tomorrow is Saturday
    And Sunday comes afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by John McClain View Post
      Midvale, UT - No
      Long Branch, NJ - Enjoyed living next to the ocean, but on the whole, No.
      OKC, Ok - No
      Vallejo, CA -Enjoyed SF, but as for Vallejo - N0.
      West Valley City, UT - No
      Northern France (Mission) - No
      Alsace France (Mission) - Yes
      Brussells, Belgium (Mission) - Yes
      Salt Lake City, UT - Yes
      Provo, UT - Yes
      Albuquerque NM - Yes - happily so.
      John Mclain you lived in Vallejo? What years were you there? That is where my whole family is from and I agree I would never move back.
      *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by byu71 View Post
        Corvalis- don't know, only 1 and don't remember
        Ogden- no
        Salt Lake City-no
        Paris, France no
        LaMesa CA, no too crowded
        Fletcher Hills, Ca, no same as above
        El Cajon Ca, no same as above
        Centerville Ut- yes
        Michigan, Detroit no
        Cinn., Lancaster, Canton, Cleveland, Ohio, no
        Los Altos Hills Ca, yes if I had enough money
        Logan, yes, but only in the summer
        Campbell, Ca no too crowded
        Pleasant Grove, Ut no
        Bountiful, Ut, yes
        Someone served in the now defunct Mid-Western States mission.
        *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Someone served in the now defunct Mid-Western States mission.
          Actually when I served it was called the "East of the Mississippi" mission.

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
            Damn, all kinds of CUF ties to the Foothills!

Yeah Auburn's In'N'Out was a small/strange point of pride for Auburnites as it was the first of the franchise in Northern California (and I think the first outside of So Cal other than Vegas).
            I love the Sierra foothills. My favorite little town is Sonora.
            "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
              The old downtown looks nice. If you hate it so much you should devote yourself to voting for the second place city. I hear that place kicks ass.
              Downtown is nice and sits right on the Ohio River. The flood wall has murals from local artists. A lady from church with jacked up hands painted many of them. She is an impressive artists, especially with her disabilities.
              I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

Originally posted by venkman View Post
                I love the Sierra foothills. My favorite little town is Sonora.
                Sonora in da house! That's my hometown.
                What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                  Sonora in da house! That's my hometown.
                  "Remember to double tap"

Comment

Sonora, CA-- Sonora is beautiful, it would be weird to move back, but I definitely would. I probably would prefer someplace a little bigger though.

Provo, UT-- I would move back to be closer to danimal's family.

Memphis, TN-- I love Memphis, I would totally move back. Great food, stuff to do, affordable...

Dallas, TX-- I liked Dallas, but we didn't have kids in school when we lived there. I would move back if danimal was working in another part of town. Where he worked before was nowhere near any of the nice Dallas neighborhoods and certainly not close to any good schools.

Jackson, MS--I like it here, I just don't want to be here forever.
                    What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                    -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
                      Damn, all kinds of CUF ties to the Foothills!

Yeah Auburn's In'N'Out was a small/strange point of pride for Auburnites as it was the first of the franchise in Northern California (and I think the first outside of So Cal other than Vegas).
                      Why would anyone go to In-n-Out when you could go to Jim Otto's Burger King? Jim Otto!!!

And wasn't there a old fashioned A&W restaurant just up the road as well?

Did you ever visit the natural waterslides up in the Georgetown area? We made several youth trips there when i was a kid and had a blast. I later learned that it is right in the middle of one of the top pot producing areas in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by landpoke View Post
                        So I take it you're not voting in the poll:

http://www.preservationnation.org/tr...-destinations/
                        It's all over the radio here...and no, we won't be voting. And the lady he's talking about in our ward was our RS prez. She does artwork all over town...her best work is on herself. Her outfits are outrageous. She's worn a cowboy hat with a turquoise negligee wrapped around it to showcase the awesome beadwork on the front of her hat (which worn correctly would be on her chest!). She's worn lace tablecloths around her waist . The best was when she stuck fake fall colored leaves in the tablecloth so she would fit the season.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                          Why would anyone go to In-n-Out when you could go to Jim Otto's Burger King? Jim Otto!!!

And wasn't there a old fashioned A&W restaurant just up the road as well?

Did you ever visit the natural waterslides up in the Georgetown area? We made several youth trips there when i was a kid and had a blast. I later learned that it is right in the middle of one of the top pot producing areas in the country.

Hah YES the Jim Otto Burger King - still in operation. You go in there and see pics of Jim w/ John Madden, Jim w/ Ken Stabler, Jim with some toothless dude on the defense..... good times. His son played football at my high school. Judging from the fact that he was small and not very good I'm guessing Jim didn't marry the way he should have.

The A&W... yes there was one, though I can't remember exactly where. The Georgetown waterslides are pretty awesome and oh yes there's plenty of green stuff to be found in that area.
                          Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Salt lake - yes
                            provo (mtc) - no
                            north east brazil (mission) - no
                            Ann Arbor MI - Hell Yes
                            Boston MA - Hell Yes
                            Sterling Heights MI - Yes
                            Clinton Twp MI - Yes
                            New Orleans LA - Yes Yes a thousand times yes
                            Oceanport NJ - If I had to.
                            "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

Vernal, UT - Yes. Nice small town ranching community w/ outdoors options.

Farminton, NM - Yes. In fact, I'm moving back in 16 short months.

Centerville, UT - Yes, if I were looking for a Wasatch range bench community.

Provo, UT - Maybe not Provo proper, but a little more rural part of Utah County may be okay.

Jamaica - "Jamaica ain't the kind of place to raise your kids, in fact, it's dangerous as hell... And there's nowhere worth raising them, if you did"

Grand Cayman - Aside from the fact that Camanians are inbred, it's a nice place. Need $$$ though. Great place to have a vacation home.

Northwest Valley Phoenix, AZ - Maybe, but I'd get tired of my surroundings being entirely designed by Beazer homes and Del Webb.

Detroit, MI - It's not a nice place, and I certainly don't want to live there. Western Michigan or up north are much better though.

*** When it all comes down to it, I'm glad I'll permanently be in Farmington, NM. Plenty of outdoor stuff to do, good weather, close to water and the mountains in Colorado. Being near but not in Colorado is a nice bonus. Culturally unique. Town is decent sized (50,000 with about 200,000 in a one hour driving radius), but not huge. Good Church presence, but not in a bubble. Lots of agriculture in the area, it's important to me and Mrs SJS that our kids grow up on the farm. Can drive to Albuquerque, Phoenix, Denver, and Provo/SLC in 7 hours or less. Good place for me to work. What more could I as for?
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Grand Junction, CO --No
                                Durango, CO --No, but it is beautiful there
                                Billings, MT --No, too cold
                                Laurel, MT --Ditto
                                Price, UT--No, but not because there is anything wrong with it
                                West Valley, UT --No
                                West Jordan, UT--meh
                                Provo, UT--No
                                Orem, UT--No
                                Toulouse, France--maybe
                                Perigeux, France --No
                                Tarbes, France --No
                                Poitiers, France --Probably not, too hilly
                                Oregon City, OR --No
                                Lake Oswego, OR --YES!
                                Mountain View, CA --YES!

Current Bay Area Location: Yes.