Political Left/Right Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Political Left/Right Test

ERCougar (sadly found only in the CS graveyard) posted a link to this test that reveals where you are on the political left/right scale. I know most tests on the internet are simply clickbait (btw, among Disney princesses I'm most like Belle), but this one has some basis in science and, despite being so short with little nuance, it provides at least an interesting conclusion. I know some who have taken it disagree with their results but I think it pegged me pretty well (right-leaning centrist). It takes only a couple of minutes. I'd put this up as a poll but I'm uncertain what the various results might be. Do tell.

Ha. My results:

"Genuinely in the Middle"

50%|50%
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
      Ha. My results:

"Genuinely in the Middle"

50%|50%
      Fence sitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Mildly Left-Wing

60-40

Seems about right
        Last edited by Flystripper; 02-12-2018, 05:17 PM.
        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Right-leaning centrist.

I would at least try the monkey meat, if it was in a stew or chili or something.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Damn arugula has me solidly left-wing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

duh. Eating arugula is communist
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

Love arugula.
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                  Mildly Left-Wing

60-40

Seems about right
                  #metoo

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                    Love arugula.
                    One could see how each answer would likely affect the results, but I'm curious if a "don't know what arugula is" response would push one more to the right than would "dislike arugula." I'm also curious how the three answers to "where would you prefer to live", big city, out in the country, or small town, would change things. I voted "small town," since I love where I live and our little burg has only 70,000 residents, but it's within a 40-minute drive of three major cities and three international airports, without which I'd live elsewhere. I suspect by "small town" they meant something more like Mayberry or Hooterville.

Comment

Mildly left wing. 60/40
                      "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Somewhat left-wing

65 left|35 right. I've become more conservative I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                          Somewhat left-wing

65 left|35 right. I've become more conservative I guess.
                          This is the first surprise, mild though it was, of the results thus far. I'd have thought you were more in the 75-80 range. I'm looking forward to wuap's answer, among others...

Comment

50/50

Comment

Right leaning centrist 45%-55%
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                              X