2017 Giro d'Italia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Giro d'Italia

The Giro renews in a couple of days. It is a great course that begins in Sicily and ends up winding through the alps and settling on the final day in an ITT that finishes at the duomo in Milano. It should be fun to follow. I encourage all posts about it here (and we can start a thread for the tour of California in a week or so, as well).
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Thoughts on Quintana trying for the Giro/Tour double? My opinion is he should win the tour first before trying the double but maybe he realizes he can't take down Froome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I suppose you heard that Astana will be riding with 8 riders instead of 9 because Michele Scarponi was hit and killed by a van while on a training ride just over a week ago.

Comment

Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
        I suppose you heard that Astana will be riding with 8 riders instead of 9 because Michele Scarponi was hit and killed by a van while on a training ride just over a week ago.
        Man, that is horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
          Thoughts on Quintana trying for the Giro/Tour double? My opinion is he should win the tour first before trying the double but maybe he realizes he can't take down Froome.

I agree with you that the double is not a good idea if he really has designs on the tour. BUt he might be bale to podium in both and perhaps win the giro. Thats no small feat.
          PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

It is very sad.
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
              Man, that is horrible.
              Originally posted by creekster View Post
              It is very sad.
              And here is his last twitter posting, the night before, with a picture of him romping with his little boys.

https://twitter.com/MicheleScarponi/...carponi_436120

scarponi.jpg

Comment

http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/39798746

The Giro was going to have a best downhill category but have decided it's probably not the best idea. They take enough risks anyway that they don't need to push it.

Comment

And here is his last twitter posting, the night before, with a picture of him romping with his little boys.

https://twitter.com/MicheleScarponi/...carponi_436120

[ATTACH]7924[/ATTACH]
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                    http://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/39798746

The Giro was going to have a best downhill category but have decided it's probably not the best idea. They take enough risks anyway that they don't need to push it.
                    Ha! Reminds me of that article from a couple years back where Strava (IIRC) was trying to get rid of some of the koms on downhill portions because of the possible lawsuits from crashes.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Nice win today for Tejay.

Comment

Originally posted by RC Vikings View Post
                        Nice win today for Tejay.
                        I saw that. Good for him. This Giro is going to be interesting with a final stage time trial. Nairo can't seem to shake Dumolin and he's only got two more stages to take the lead. He'll need a decent lead since you know Dumolin is going to kill it on the final time trial. Sometimes I wish le tour would do a last day time trial again.

Comment

Nairo back in pink after taking back over a minute on Dumoulin. He's got 38 seconds on the Dutch rider, which isn't enough. I think he'll need another minute at least given that the time trial in Milan is 29k. Nibali could also steal the victory since he's only 43 seconds back and probably won't lose time tomorrow unless Nairo has an incredible day. Nibali will probably have a little bit extra as well on the final stage given its his home country and the 100th edition of the Giro.

Comment

I haven't had time to sit in front of a tv and watch any Giro coverage this year but I have been listening to The Cycling Podcast which has been a nice discussion following each stage. It's a nice, thorough resource on the go.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

wow so cute
                              thank you so much for sharing this
                              )

Comment

Working...
                              X