Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in the News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
    When she announced she was going on Dehlin's podcast today she lost most of her credibility.
    I'm glad someone is giving her a platform and a minimum of four hours to tell her tale.
    "They're good. They've always been good" - David Shaw.

Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrumNFeather View Post
      I'm glad someone is giving her a platform and a minimum of four hours to tell her tale.
      The usual suspects (including some of our former posters) are outraged on social media. Oh the humanity!
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think BYU-I is silly for both hiring and firing her.
        Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

• Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
          I think BYU-I is silly for both hiring and firing her.
          Contempt for both sides. A pragmatic approach.
          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Contempt for both sides. A pragmatic approach.
            I wonder at what point overuse of adjunct faculty becomes an accreditation issue (if at all)?
            Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

The usual suspects (including some of our former posters) are outraged on social media. Oh the humanity!
              I want names!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I wonder at what point overuse of adjunct faculty becomes an accreditation issue (if at all)?
                adjuncts are the future bro. deans will outnumber full professors 3:1 and adjuncts will muddle their way through every single class.
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Good question. Not sure.

This case notwithstanding, BYU (including BYU-I) uses a relatively small percentage of adjunct faculty.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                    I want names!!
                    He drives a red jeep and lives in Sin City.

Comment

He drives a red jeep and lives in Sin City.
                      Sounds like donuthole

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

I saw one on my FB feed. Are there any other places I should be looking?

Comment

• Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
                          Gee, I wonder if this was planned.
                          They've established a pattern:

1. Victim finds out they are to become aggrieved. For example: Their testimony may be interrupted or they have found out they will be losing their job.
                          2. Two weeks to a month later within minutes of each other, ex-mo subreddits blow up, articles from multiple sources appear, and the aggrieved officially claims victim status.
                          3. One to two days after the articles the victim is interviewed by John Dehlin.

Comment

• Insert my standard post here where I say if I ever leave the church I'm following the Flystripper model of apostasy. Spending so much time get agitated over something you have left behind is so perplexing to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omaha 680 View Post
                              Insert my standard post here where I say if I ever leave the church I'm following the Flystripper model of apostasy. Spending so much time get agitated over something you have left behind is so perplexing to me.
                              Some folks need validation.

Comment

• I have never talked to Dehlin, sought out an interview, or been 'coached' in one of his conferences. But I haven't unfriended him yet. I'm in the middle of the apostasy spectrum.
                                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X