Breaking Bad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    I am anxious to see it, but keeping my expectations very low.
    I wasn't planning to watch at all, until I heard the review yesterday. The opening is intriguing...starts in black and white, after the events of BB. Saul runs some restaurant and is continually paranoid about everyone he encounters. Not a word of dialogue (from Saul!) for the first seven minutes or so. He goes home and then enters a flashback (in color) into his early days. Sounds like an interesting mix of darkness, humor, and some drama.
    At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
    -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

I am anxious to see it, but keeping my expectations very low.
      The more I learn about it, the more I think it's going to be a really good show. It might not be "great," but I think it will be a good, entertaining show.
      Not that, sickos.

Comment

• Just finished Season 2, I'm really enjoying this show but without binge watching I don't know that I would have stayed on the hook from week to week and over an off season. Very slow burn.
        Get confident, stupid
        -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
          Just finished Season 2, I'm really enjoying this show but without binge watching I don't know that I would have stayed on the hook from week to week and over an off season. Very slow burn.
          Yep. I'm rewatching as Mrs. D watches for the first time, and we're right about where you are. Seasons 1, 2, and the first half of 3 are pretty slow moving. The best is still ahead.
          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Finished the entire series in a week leading up to the Better Call Saul premier. Not my most productive week.
            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
              I'm 3 episodes in and wishing I had never started, while jonesing for the next episode at the same time.
              Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
              Ha. That's pretty much how you feel the whole time. What an awesome show!
              I watched season 1 about 2-3 years ago, then in the last 2 months have watched seasons 2-5. I never would have lasted with this show watching week to week and waiting through an off season. Now I have 50 pages of CUF/CS history to catch up on so that I can see what other people thought!
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Through about page 15 of this thread, two things surprise me. 1. How much you all seemed to like Hank early on. I hated Hank until about the let season. In fact I told a friend 3 weeks ago when I was in season 3, that if Hank didn't recover from getting shot and never be a part of the show again it would make the show better. The last two season made his character, but still my least favorite of the entire cast. 2. You all thought terminator Gus was cool. For a show that was so fun to watch from the camera angles and shots, that was cartoonish and dumb. I saw my own brain I rolled my eyes so hard when he adjusted his tie.
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

I saw my own brain I rolled my eyes so hard when he adjusted his tie.
                  That's cartoonish and dumb.
                  "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• HFN, I am not sure we can be friends anymore. Sorry.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

2. You all thought terminator Gus was cool. For a show that was so fun to watch from the camera angles and shots, that was cartoonish and dumb. I saw my own brain I rolled my eyes so hard when he adjusted his tie.
                      I wish they wouldn't have done that.

Comment

HFN, I am not sure we can be friends anymore. Sorry.
                        Because of the Gus thing?
                        Get confident, stupid
                        -landpoke

Comment

• I agree about Hank. But I think making him the unlikable prick was important to offset Walt as the likable bad guy.
                          Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                                No way I'm watching that. I don't need these A holes to ruin one of my favorite shows of all time.
                                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Working...
                                X