Being reactivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MindfulCoug View Post
    Thanks. I am honored to have won avatar of the year award back on CG.
    All religious experience is custom made. That is the ultimate lesson of Joseph Smith. Conformity to autocratic demands may be the essence experience for the unmindful.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
      Iranian women are not supposed to use words like dude.
      Hey!

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Except when they face "the dude". That's why you haven't heard me using the word talking to you.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          All religious experience is custom made. That is the ultimate lesson of Joseph Smith. Conformity to autocratic demands may be the essence experience for the unmindful.
          You seem not to be so concerned about your appearance. If someone is going to help me look my best, it would n't be just any one. It must be Oscar de la renta. And I would agree to follow his "autocratic" demands.

Comment

You seem not to be so concerned about your appearance. If someone is going to help me look my best, it would n't be just any one. It must be Oscar de la renta. And I would agree to follow his "autocratic" demands.
            "my appearance" is internal, and cannot be examined a la a mode from Paris. Leading comes from Allah and all others a re fraudulent before the one and only true God.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

"my appearance" is internal, and cannot be examined a la a mode from Paris. Leading comes from Allah and all others a re fraudulent before the one and only true God.
              Your satire style sounds awfully familiar. But I should let you enjoy the CUF provided anonymity.

I am happy for you that your built-in authority can manage your internal and external businesses, but I, on the other hand, am in favor of expertism. Can't take the risk of messing up the life I have been given the chance to live just for once.

Comment

Throughout history, Iran/Persia has provided the world with people willing to break a rule or two.

Zoroaster.
                Cyrus the Great.
                Omar Khayyam.
                Mindful Coug.

I always enjoy hearing from mindful.
                "More crazy people to Provo go than to any other town in the state."
                -- Iron County Record. 23 August, 1912. (http://chroniclingamerica.loc.gov/lc...23/ed-1/seq-4/)

Comment

• Originally posted by Solon View Post
                  Throughout history, Iran/Persia has provided the world with people willing to break a rule or two.

Zoroaster.
                  Cyrus the Great.
                  Omar Khayyam.
                  Mindful Coug.

I always enjoy hearing from mindful.
                  It's a relief that three people above me can not read your post!

You are an excellent ego booster by the way. Thank you

Here is a solo song for you Solon.

[youtube]prM_XKrslGI&feature[/youtube]

PS: The poet is rahy moayeri and I am a little doubtful that English translater has done justice to the the original song.

Comment

Your satire style sounds awfully familiar. But I should let you enjoy the CUF provided anonymity.

I am happy for you that your built-in authority can manage your internal and external businesses, but I, on the other hand, am in favor of expertism. Can't take the risk of messing up the life I have been given the chance to live just for once.
                    You risk relying upon "experts" as opposed to God's wisdom he provides to you. As for me and my kin, I rely upon God's inspiration, not the foibles of men. Internally, I claim no authority but for myself.

You Shia rely upon more than the Prophet and in that you err.

Comment

You risk relying upon "experts" as opposed to God's wisdom he provides to you. As for me and my kin, I rely upon God's inspiration, not the foibles of men. Internally, I claim no authority but for myself.

You Shia rely upon more than the Prophet and in that you err.
                      You claim to know everything and need nothing. Wise indeed!

Comment

• The relief society president just texted my wife. They will not give up.

RS president is asking her if she is out of town for the summer even though she hasn't been in 5 months.

My wife sent me this response, which she probably won't actually send to the RS president:

No. I am in town. After such a long absence, I should think you'd have realized by now that I've gone inactive. I know you have a job to do and people to report to, but I think it's best if you just leave this one alone. Take care.
                        Last edited by SoonerCoug; 08-25-2012, 02:19 PM.
                        That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

The relief society president just texted my wife. They will not give up.

RS president is asking her if she is out of town for the summer even though she hasn't been in 5 months.

My wife sent me this response, which she probably won't actually send to the RS president:

No. I am in town. After such a long absence, I should think you'd have realized by now that I've gone inactive. I know you have a job to do and people to report to, but I think it's best if you just leave this one alone. Take care.
                          This kind of thing bothers me because when I stopped going to Church nobody really pestered me to come back. If everybody else gets begged to come back to Church except me, I'm a little miffed.
                          "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• When the RSP asked my wife about coming to church, my wife simply told her no she would not be going.

Instead of keeping them guessing telling them straight seemed to work well for us.

We haven't been bothered much since (except for the missionaries which they told us was a random get to know the neighbors visit.)

Comment

You claim to know everything and need nothing. Wise indeed!
                              I need nothing from man, something from woman, but everything from G-d. He or she who relies upon the arm of man shall fail.

Comment

I need nothing from man, something from woman, but everything from G-d. He or she who relies upon the arm of man shall fail.
                                "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                                X