Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire Kalani

It is time.

I'm torn. Last night was inexcusable. It's completely on the coaching staff. But BYU as an institution isn't invested in the athletic programs. And there is no support in Salt Lake City. The best BYU can get as far as coaching is to hire someone inexperienced and hope they develop. And the same for assistants. Kalani is not a quick learner apparently, but to replace him is also a gamble. This could have been the season that made him. Now he must produce against the toughest schedule of his career.

Comment

Sitake has lost at home to UMass and NIU. He has a two game losing streak to USU and a three game losing streak to both Utah and Boise State. I’m not too concerned about the next coach being a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        Sitake has lost at home to UMass and NIU. He has a two game losing streak to USU and a three game losing streak to both Utah and Boise State. I’m not too concerned about the next coach being a gamble.
        Point taken, but we all know he gets one more season. Clearly next year will be a disaster so he's most likely gone anyway. Not sure another year makes a difference when he will be replaced by another inexperienced head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by USUC View Post
          Point taken, but we all know he gets one more season. Clearly next year will be a disaster so he's most likely gone anyway. Not sure another year makes a difference when he will be replaced by another inexperienced head coach.
          We know kalani sucks. The nest guy might suck or might not. Cut the cord now.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
            We know kalani sucks. The nest guy might suck or might not. Cut the cord now.
            Do you think this is actually a possibility though?

Comment

Do you think this is actually a possibility though?
              Sigh. No

Comment

I’ve been down on Kalani since the beginning. However, last night actually gave me hope. This recruiting year will be critical. If it’s another dog class, he’s done.
                A man who views the world the same at fifty as he did at twenty has wasted thirty years of his life. - Mohammad Ali

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                  Sigh. No
                  I think the only major coaching change that could possibly happen this off-season is if Les Miles wants Grimes.

Comment

I think the only major coaching change that could possibly happen this off-season is if Les Miles wants Grimes.
                    True. I anticipate a bump on this topic around 5 games in next year when we are 1 and 4

Comment

Who should BYU hire? My team could really use a DC, if anyone’s interested.

Comment

Lance Anderson, currently DC and Co-HC at Stanford.

He's LDS.

He expressed interest in the BYU HC job during the search.

He's known to be a great recruiter.

He knows how it is to coach at a university with high standards/restrictions.

After Sitake & Co. underperform in 2019, starting off with a probable 9th in a row loss to Utah, I hope that dimwit AD of ours is at least smart enough to get on the phone and offer Anderson the job.

Comment

Originally posted by KingCoug View Post
                          Lance Anderson, currently DC and Co-HC at Stanford.

He's LDS.

He expressed interest in the BYU HC job during the search.

He's known to be a great recruiter.

He knows how it is to coach at a university with high standards/restrictions.

After Sitake & Co. underperform in 2019, starting off with a probable 9th in a row loss to Utah, I hope that dimwit AD of ours is at least smart enough to get on the phone and offer Anderson the job.
                          Anderson was my first choice last time around. Nobody consulted me during the coaching search.
                          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Has Sataki ever won a game because he out coached the other team? He has won games because of talent discrepancies. He has won games because the players out performed a more talented team. He has certainly lost games because of poor coaching decisions. But are there any examples of a game won due to out coaching another?

Comment

Originally posted by CJF View Post
                              I’ve been down on Kalani since the beginning. However, last night actually gave me hope. This recruiting year will be critical. If it’s another dog class, he’s done.
                              It's already a pretty bad class.

Comment

Working...
                              X