No announcement yet.

Official 49ers Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fred Warner with the huge pick six tonight.

Too many close games though. They are killing me.

Comment

• Baldy loves Fred. So do I.

https://twitter.com/baldynfl/status/...572328960?s=21
      Last edited by Sizzle; 12-22-2019, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
        Fred Warner with the huge pick six tonight.

Too many close games though. They are killing me.
        The Niners' last four games have been decided on scoring plays that occurred on the last play from scrimmage.

The pass rush has turned into garbage without Dee Ford, they just double Bosa. I don't have a good feeling about Week 17.

They should have also signed Justin Houston during free agency. Pass rush was their most glaring weakness last year and they addressed it with Bosa, who's been great, and then See Ford who's injured almost every year. They needed another guy. The Blair injury has also contributed to the decline.
        Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
          The Niners' last four games have been decided on scoring plays that occurred on the last play from scrimmage.

The pass rush has turned into garbage without Dee Ford, they just double Bosa. I don't have a good feeling about Week 17.

They should have also signed Justin Houston during free agency. Pass rush was their most glaring weakness last year and they addressed it with Bosa, who's been great, and then See Ford who's injured almost every year. They needed another guy. The Blair injury has also contributed to the decline.
          Dee Ford, Kwon Alexander, DJ Jones and Tartt all being out has hurt the defense. Then guys like Blair like you mentioned are missing too. That’s four starters out. Of course the defensive production has dropped off. Get Ford and Tartt back for the playoffs and I’m feeling a lot better. Especially if they can beat Seattle and get that week off. That’d be huge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
            Especially if they can beat Seattle and get that week off. That’d be huge.
            Seattle is trash.
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
              Seattle is trash.
              And I was happy to watch them get beat by a not-that-good Arizona Cardinals team yesterday. Hopefully San Francisco can beat them by a bigger margin next week and not come down to the last second. Seattle is the only NFL team that I regularly like to cheer against, regardless of who they're playing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scott R Nelson View Post
                Seattle is the only NFL team that I regularly like to cheer against, regardless of who they're playing.
                That's because you are a bad person. (Sorry, just being honest.)
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                  Seattle is trash.
                  Fact

Comment

• I'm trying to figure out how George Kittle lasted until the 5th round a couple years ago. This dude is the best player the franchise has had since Jerry Rice left the team following the 2000 season. Time will tell, but that includes Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Joe Staley and Frank Gore.
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• What a defensive performance by SF today. After the first drive when Witherspoon got smoked, they held Minnesota to 3 points that came off a Jimmy G INT. They are so much better with their front four healthy - Bosa, Buckner, Ford and Armstead are all really good and make it tough for opposing offenses because you can get pressure with four and letting you play coverage with seven - which is huge when one of those seven is Richard Sherman playing like a top 3 corner right now.

Offensively they started out very much in control and coasted. I would’ve liked to see one more TD, especially after the muffed punt. But I’ll take a 17-point win in round one when essentially the entire second half it was grind it out football.

Excited for next week! Hopefully the Packers win tomorrow so either Fred or Jamaal are playing in the Super Bowl.

Comment

• Fun game

Comment

• Originally posted by Color Me Badd Fan View Post
                          I'm trying to figure out how George Kittle lasted until the 5th round a couple years ago. This dude is the best player the franchise has had since Jerry Rice left the team following the 2000 season. Time will tell, but that includes Patrick Willis, Justin Smith, Joe Staley and Frank Gore.
                          Because he played at Iowa where they don’t throw the ball all over the place. And honestly, I think SF deserves a lot of credit developing him one and putting him in a position to succeed. What’s really crazy is SF drafted a giant turd sandwich that draft in Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, CJ Beathard, Ahkello Witherspoon and Joe Williams. Yikes. Their two best picks were Kittle and DJ Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sizzle View Post
                            Because he played at Iowa where they don’t throw the ball all over the place. And honestly, I think SF deserves a lot of credit developing him one and putting him in a position to succeed. What’s really crazy is SF drafted a giant turd sandwich that draft in Solomon Thomas, Reuben Foster, CJ Beathard, Ahkello Witherspoon and Joe Williams. Yikes. Their two best picks were Kittle and DJ Jones.
                            DJ Jones is a really good player, a starter in some of their defensive packages. Two starters is okay and when one of them is Kittle, then it's a good draft.

They royally botched that #3 pick, that's the one which really hurts. Jamal Adams and Marshon Lattimore went around the top ten and secondary was a need, though CB a lot more than safety (especially when you consider Tartt and Ward were already there). That draft was loaded with CBs .

Foster could play but was a first team, all-pro idiot. He may still show flashes with the Redskins but he'll continue being a dumbass.

The '18 draft has produced McGlinchey and Warner, so roughly on par with the '17 draft. The '19 draft was the best, but Bosa was a can't miss prospect.

Lunch and Shanahan have truly shined with their free agency pickups and trades -- Sherman, Alexander and Sanders. Garappolo for a second was a trade anyone would have made.

Comment

• 49ers smashed Packers in the season, so what are the predictions? Packers been on an impressive run coming into this one, hard to call albeit a substantial win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herbie1989 View Post
                                49ers smashed Packers in the season, so what are the predictions? Packers been on an impressive run coming into this one, hard to call albeit a substantial win.
                                I don't think you can look at the game earlier in the season and say that Sunday will play out similarly. SF played probably their best game of the year and GB their worst. Once the Packers got down early after the fumble, it makes teams one dimensional, and outside significant momentum swings like KC got on Sunday (TD + stopped fake + fumbled kick return) it's tough to come back from being down two scores.

I think Aaron Rodgers is an all-time great. He's capable of making so many plays and throws that few others can. He's a witch. But he's also one. I think Davante Adams is really good too. But for that, I think SF defensively has more talent top to bottom. Their front four is really good, and assuming they are able to stay healthy through Sunday, I think they can make life rough for Rodgers.

The flip side, I think Kyle Shanahan is an incredible coach, who has this knack for finding the mismatch and exploiting it. As far as offensive skill players go, George Kittle is really the only "elite" guy SF has on offense. But Kyle understands what his players can do and he finds ways to capitalize on those strengths against a defensive weakness. And I don't think GB has enough defensive horses to slow SF. I think it's going to be a closer game - somewhere along the lines of SF 24 GB 17 - but one I think SF wins.

Comment

Working...
                                X