NBA 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by creekster View Post
    THe dunk over his own painting was sort of lame.
    You just don't understand art.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      You just don't understand art.
      Conceded.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
        The dunk contest is always lame, but for some reason I have to watch it.
        For people my age (late 30's), the dunk contest can NEVER live up to the late 80's stuff between MJ and 'Nique, and the Spud Webb and Kenny Walker stuff. It's hard to create new material when it comes to dunking a basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by scottie View Post
          For people my age (late 30's), the dunk contest can NEVER live up to the late 80's stuff between MJ and 'Nique, and the Spud Webb and Kenny Walker stuff. It's hard to create new material when it comes to dunking a basketball.
          The problem is, the best players don't participate in it. It would have been awesome to see Jordan doing that every year. He thought he was above it and decided to not do it.
          Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
            The problem is, the best players don't participate in it. It would have been awesome to see Jordan doing that every year. He thought he was above it and decided to not do it.
            Bingo. Get Lebron and Griffin in the finals this year and rating would have been through the roof.
            I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
              Bingo. Get Lebron and Griffin in the finals this year and rating would have been through the roof.
              Yup.

The college slam dunk contest killed the NBA dunk contest. I don't know if any of you watched but that James Justice kid was nasty.

Another problem is the format. The East vs. West thing they're doing is lame. I hate the time limit format for the dunks. They should give 2-3 attempts per turn. It would prevent a lot of what we saw last night. Guys would be attempting dunks they can do consistently instead of one they might nail one out of five.

The incentives to participate should be better. Maybe even penalize guys who don't. They're there to represent the NBA and their teams.

Also NBA players have terrible style. What was up with the leather sweat pant suit Bron was wearing? There was lots of leather among the players. I didn't know it was back in.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Did you hear Charles and Shaq busting on Wade? It was hilarious. LBJs pants looked like sweatpants. It looked horrid. Blake Grifiin was wearing a leather jacket that could have fit my 5 year old boy.
                I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN Phat View Post
                  Did you hear Charles and Shaq busting on Wade? It was hilarious. LBJs pants looked like sweatpants. It looked horrid. Blake Grifiin was wearing a leather jacket that could have fit my 5 year old boy.
                  All those dudes in leather looked terrible. And KD and Westbrook's geek chic look is just plain dumb.
                  -Turtle
                  sigpic

Comment

• Here's James Justice's dunks from last year's NCAA contest:

[YOUTUBE]J0sWNEHdM08[/YOUTUBE]

And here he is dunking on a 7' dude a few months ago:

[YOUTUBE]l0mciucxLx8[/YOUTUBE]
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

• NBA 2012-2013

Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                      You could go ask Kareem and Russell and they'd both tell you Wilt was better than them. Wilt averaged 30 ppg and 23 boards per game for his career. Nobody's even close to that. Could you imagine if they kept track of blocks then?

Kobe better than Wilt? LOL

The top three are Wilt, Lebron, and MJ.
                      Lol. Go look at the quote MG bumped before you get too excited about Wilt. His stats are inflated by pace in his era and that fact that nobody could shoot. Also he was facing off against a bunch of 6-7 centers each night.

I'd like to see those quote where Russell and Kareem say Wilt was better than them. Maybe (maybe) they said that, but it's lip service,at best. Russell owned Wilt. Owned him.
                      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Kyrie Irving has the tightest handles in the league.

eom
                        I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• Chris Bosh is getting abused. Lol.
                          -Turtle
                          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
                            Chris Bosh is getting abused. Lol.
                            The best part of the second between the legs was Reggie just saying (after Bosh stayed on BGriff stopping yet another alley oop) Bosh refusing to be on a highlight for anyone and then Parker goes between his leg the very next play.
                            I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

• Looks like Alicia is wearing Bron's pants from last night. Or maybe he borrowed them from her. Not sure.
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

• On nights like tonight, you really miss DDD...don't ya?
                                I'm your huckleberry.

Comment

Working...
                                X