No announcement yet.

Coaching Rumors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some names for Utah's QB coach and OC position. At least Utah is looking outside of BYU and former players.

Dan Hawkins
    Mike Schultz
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      It's Jason Beck, not John.
      Really? What about Max Hall, is he out? Does Jason have coaching experience now? I'm certainly not excited about either one of those two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacob View Post
        Really? What about Max Hall, is he out? Does Jason have coaching experience now? I'm certainly not excited about either one of those two.
        I think Hall is on the list, but he has the least experience of anyone on the list.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• DH was on the radio yesterday, convinced that BYU is continuing to make a run at Detmer.

Comment

DH was on the radio yesterday, convinced that BYU is continuing to make a run at Detmer.
            Maybe this was answered earlier but what is going on with Doman? Has there been an official announcement from BYU?
            "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
              Maybe this was answered earlier but what is going on with Doman? Has there been an official announcement from BYU?
              At the signing day luncheon, Bronco said about 10 days prior they agreed to part ways.
              *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                At the signing day luncheon, Bronco said about 10 days prior they agreed to part ways.
                Thanks
                "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

DH was on the radio yesterday, convinced that BYU is continuing to make a run at Detmer.
                  I doubt they are pushing hard because of his great coaching ability. The push is to gather more PR goodwill. They have mine right now, but I know quite a few who are still unconvinced.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                    I doubt they are pushing hard because of his great coaching ability. The push is to gather more PR goodwill. They have mine right now, but I know quite a few who are still unconvinced.
                    Well, he may also understand the game and the position better than anyone who's ever played or coached at BYU. I'm sure that has something to do with the continued push.
                    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                      Well, he may also understand the game and the position better than anyone who's ever played or coached at BYU. I'm sure that has something to do with the continued push.
                      It is one thing to understand it and another thing to coach it. That said, you are probably right. I heard the reason Detmer lasted so lond in the NFL was because of his ability to tutor the younger QB's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SoCalCoug View Post
                        Is he part of the school of QB coaching where (like Doman) he understands the mental aspect to quarterbacking, or does he also possess a mastery of teaching the physical fundamentals?

Anecdotal evidence deals almost exclusively with the former and not so much about the latter.

Comment

• Sounds like Jason Beck is coming to coach the QBs

Comment

• Wow...way to knock that hire out of the park BYU....

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                            Sounds like Jason Beck is coming to coach the QBs
                            If you don't like your job, you don't strike! You just go in every day, and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer

Comment

• Originally posted by COUGZ View Post
                              Wow...way to knock that hire out of the park BYU....
                              Where's he been since he was a grad assistant at LSU?
                              Get confident, stupid
                              -landpoke

Comment

• Re: Coaching Rumors

Originally posted by COUGZ View Post
                                Wow...way to knock that hire out of the park BYU....
                                You can see why it took so long. Those negotiations must have been intense.
                                "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Working...
                                X