General Conference / Easter 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
    He is quoting from a man who was recollecting his experience as a resident under Nelson's program in 1955. Just in case we've forgotten that Nelson is not young.
    I missed that nuance. Yet, I despise talks like that one. In fact, this whole session has had too much ass-kissing.
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

somebody needs to get PFS a color wheel

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
        I missed that nuance. Yet, I despise talks like that one. In fact, this whole session has had too much ass-kissing.
        Agreed.

Comment

I liked the assertion that the prophet doesn't stand between us and the Savior, but beside us, pointing the way.

Also, the "bloated boxes of entertainment" comment stood out.

I don't remember them doing the solemn assembly like that before. Have I just not been paying attention?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

What was just yelled?

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
            -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Anyone catch what was being yelled a second ago when the new folks were walking the Red Mile?

Comment

Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
                Anyone catch what was being yelled a second ago when the new folks were walking the Red Mile?
                Stop protecting sexual predators.
                τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Something about sexual predators.

Either "______ is a sexual predator!" Or "stop protecting sexual predators!"

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                    Stop protecting sexual predators.
                    Are you there? of course you are. Thanks for the heads up.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                      Are you there? of course you are. Thanks for the heads up.
                      Ten hours of church? No thanks.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                        Ten hours of church? No thanks.
                        Follow the prophet!

Comment

I really enjoyed the shots of Pres. Nelson's face during the solemn assembly. A mix of love, humility, and a seeming awareness of great responsibility. The sustaining process can be beautiful sometimes.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                              Awesome.
                              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                                What’s their prog-mo rating?
                                I’m told Gong has a son who is gay — or at least led a pro-gay student group at BYU?

That would be good if true.

Comment

Working...
                                X