No announcement yet.

THE (tm) Official End of ... THE (tm) Ohio St. ... Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is jt barrett the most overrated qb in college football history? was just looking the seahawks boxscore and it made me wonder.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• At least there is one smart fellow in Orem area.

My brother sent me this photo from 8th North off of State St. At the Orem Vasa Gym.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        is jt barrett the most overrated qb in college football history? was just looking the seahawks boxscore and it made me wonder.
        Put the Hippie Lettuce down SMR.. To go 38-6 and start when Braxton Miller went down and beat “MeatChicken” all 4 years is hard to think unless you are some idiot who allows his hatred to cloud his judgement.

He holds many school and Big Ten Conference records including most career passing touchdowns (104) and total touchdowns (147). He also passed Drew Brees for most career offensive yards, with 12,697.

Now the NFL. Yeah.

Comment

• Mods, can we remove the "(tm)" from the title of this thread now?
          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Mods, can we remove the "(tm)" from the title of this thread now?
            Lol at an Ohio State University.
            Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• https://twitter.com/justin4_osu/stat...550941697?s=21
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• No way would some State University in Ohio do that to it own students and alumni. What are they, heartless?

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                  Lol at an Ohio State University.
                  I looked at the refusal. It was issued on two grounds: (1) prior application and (2) faulty specimen. Both can be overcome. Issue (1) is the trickiest because the other filer was there first--unless the first filer abandons their application, OSU probably won't get their trademark registered. I imagine that OSU can simply pay off that applicant to abandon.

Issue (2) stems from a really boneheaded mistake. The example of use in commerce (called a specimen) that OSU filed was a t-shirt with THE printed across the front. It is well established that clothing decoration/ornamentation cannot function as a trademark. Whenever I file a trademark for clothing, I use a tag, label, or website as the specimen, almost never the clothing article itself. So whoever OSU hired is an amateur. This issue is simple to fix--just file a new specimen and certify that it was in use at the time of original filing (if that route is not available b/c there is no such specimen, there's another fairly simple filing to overcome the problem).

Bottom line--OSU will probably be able to get the trademark registered. Also, OSU is dumb for not hiring me.
                  "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                  "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                  This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                  "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                  "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• Originally posted by Lost Student View Post
                    I looked at the refusal. It was issued on two grounds: (1) prior application and (2) faulty specimen. Both can be overcome. Issue (1) is the trickiest because the other filer was there first--unless the first filer abandons their application, OSU probably won't get their trademark registered. I imagine that OSU can simply pay off that applicant to abandon.

Issue (2) stems from a really boneheaded mistake. The example of use in commerce (called a specimen) that OSU filed was a t-shirt with THE printed across the front. It is well established that clothing decoration/ornamentation cannot function as a trademark. Whenever I file a trademark for clothing, I use a tag, label, or website as the specimen, almost never the clothing article itself. So whoever OSU hired is an amateur. This issue is simple to fix--just file a new specimen and certify that it was in use at the time of original filing (if that route is not available b/c there is no such specimen, there's another fairly simple filing to overcome the problem).

Bottom line--OSU will probably be able to get the trademark registered. Also, OSU is dumb for not hiring me.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Sigh. Not sure this was truly a test tonight. But I love the fact we are playing full throttle the entire game and have no bad quarters.

I hope the players do not buy into the hype..

Comment

• The Ohio State band is really cool.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          The Ohio State band is really cool.

That's awesome, but they're no "Power of the Wasatch."

Comment

The Ohio State band is really cool.

Saturday they did one on Space exploration.

https://youtu.be/yE9b4TcFSfk

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                              Saturday they did one on Space exploration.

https://youtu.be/yE9b4TcFSfk

That was part of the video I linked!

My videos are safe, dude.

Comment

That was part of the video I linked!

My videos are safe, dude.

Comment

Working...
                                X