The End of Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    Bo won't let his kids play football because of the potential for head injury and he will "smack them in the mouth" if they say they want to play football?

Can I get an irony ruling here?
    yeah, the other funny thing about Bo not letting his kids play football is that it's easy to limit them like that when they have money (I assume Bo Jackson is still doing quite well).

I like what LeBron said about playing football himself in comparison to his kids:

"I needed a way out,'' he said. "My kids don't need a way out. They're all right. I needed a way out when I was a kid. I tried to do whatever it took to get out. That's my excuse."
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• The CFL ban's Full contact practices.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/thenational/s...ices-1.4293717

Don't know if that helps or would make things worse.

Edit:

A better link:
      http://www.cbc.ca/sports/football/cf...dule-1.4288079
      Last edited by beefytee; 09-18-2017, 08:26 AM.

Comment

• When Jada Pinkett Smith boycotted the Oscars in 2016 because of lack of color, she missed the point. Her husband Will Smith did turn in a fine performance in Concussion, but it wasn't because he was black that his performance was overlooked, it was the subject. No one wants to give an award to a movie whose inevitable conclusion is that Football should be banned.

Comment

• I hope he derives some pleasure from the knowledge he kept me and many thousands of others mightily entertained.
          hi

Comment

• Originally posted by bestellen View Post
            I hope he derives some pleasure from the knowledge he kept me and many thousands of others mightily entertained.
            He? He who??

Bestellen, you are such a TEASE! It is nonhuman the way you do it!
            PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• Bestellen is the BEST.
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                Bestellen is the BEST.
                bestellen.jpg

Edit: do gifs not work on CS?
                Get confident, stupid
                -landpoke

Comment

• Weird, that gif is sideways on my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    [ATTACH]8233[/ATTACH]

Edit: do gifs not work on CS?
                    Let me try:

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• https://sports.yahoo.com/im-brain-sc...135727314.html
                      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                      -Turtle
                      sigpic

Comment

• interesting
                        Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Didn't mean to double post

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                          Last edited by Mormon Red Death; 09-20-2017, 06:22 PM.
                          "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                            interesting
                            I thought so as well.
                            "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                            -Turtle
                            sigpic

Comment

• Football will survive!

Comment

• Seems the guy beats up on the 99% of nfl players have cte strawman. I haven't seen any headlines like that. Most everything I've read says a minimum of 10% of players have issues, probably around 30%.

The article doesn't really show that cte isn't a serious issue. Just that there is still lots to figure out and football isn't the only sport with issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X