No announcement yet.

Shame on Orrin Hatch - The Patron Saint of Quack Medicine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hatch: the problem with poor people is that they are lazy... including their kids.

Senator Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) is defending a children’s health care program he helped create, but if the federal deficit balloons by at least $1 trillion as predicted under the Republican tax plan he’s authored and shepherded through the Senate, programs for the elderly and the poor will likely take a hit.

While praising the Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) and indicating the program will survive, Hatch nonetheless said last Thursday, shortly before before the Senate passed its tax reform bill, that Congress must address funding deficits and so-called entitlement programs.

“I have a rough time wanting to spend billions and billions and trillions of dollars to help people who won’t help themselves, won’t lift a finger, and expect the federal government to do everything,” Hatch, the Senate Finance Committee Chair, said Thursday on the Senate floor.
    https://thinkprogress.org/hatch-chip...-05e0cac2e3df/

See... the republicans care about fiscal responsibility.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
      Hatch: the problem with poor people is that they are lazy... including their kids.

https://thinkprogress.org/hatch-chip...-05e0cac2e3df/

See... the republicans care about fiscal responsibility.
      Like I said. He is a horrible person.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
        Like I said. He is a horrible person.
        And it’s a horrible headline as that’s not what he said.
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• With a Steve Bannon endorsement there is no way Hatch will lose to RMoney...

Bannon trying to keep Mitt Romney out of Senate in Utah: report

Former White House chief strategist Stephen Bannon is reportedly considering an endorsement of Sen. Orrin Hatch (R-Utah) to prevent Mitt Romney from launching a bid for the seat.

The Washington Examiner in a report published Sunday cited a Bannon associate who said the former top Trump aide is contemplating supporting Hatch.

“If Steve had a choice between Orrin Hatch and Mitt Romney, he would pick Hatch 10 times out of 10,” the source told the Examiner.
          [...]
          http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...in-utah-report
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Nice work, Orrin.

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
              Nice work, Orrin.

That's disgusting. He's gone off the deep end.
              Last edited by frank ryan; 12-04-2017, 07:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                I'm kind of having a hard time disagreeing with the position that Alabamans should decide who represents Alabamans in the Senate.
                Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                  I'm kind of having a hard time disagreeing with the position that Alabamans should decide who represents Alabamans in the Senate.
                  I have a hard time agreeing with the position a child molester should be allowed to sit in the senate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    I have a hard time agreeing with the position a child molester should be allowed to sit in the senate.
                    Should, or should not, there be some kind of formal finding against him? Whether that's by the Senate after he's elected, or whatever, it seems like we need something more than unsworn testimony to convict the guy.

FTR, I believe the women. I don't think he's fit for the Senate. But let's make it official. Maybe that's the Republicans' best bet right now. Work behind the scenes to get him elected (because he's too stupid to drop out and Alabamans are too stupid to force him to), and then refuse to seat him once he's elected. Maybe then they can have the Governor of Alabama appoint another republican to fill his seat. You've got to admit, the Republican Party is in a no-win situation right now in Alabama.
                    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                      I am starting to believe Orrin is going to retire rather than run again. I think it is a pretty good bet. Given that is going to retire he knows he can say want ever sh*t he wants.
                      Last edited by Uncle Ted; 12-04-2017, 09:39 PM.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Should, or should not, there be some kind of formal finding against him? Whether that's by the Senate after he's elected, or whatever, it seems like we need something more than unsworn testimony to convict the guy.

FTR, I believe the women. I don't think he's fit for the Senate. But let's make it official. Maybe that's the Republicans' best bet right now. Work behind the scenes to get him elected (because he's too stupid to drop out and Alabamans are too stupid to force him to), and then refuse to seat him once he's elected. Maybe then they can have the Governor of Alabama appoint another republican to fill his seat. You've got to admit, the Republican Party is in a no-win situation right now in Alabama.
                        Spoiler alert: the GOP is not going to refuse to seat Moore. Trump is endorsing him, the RNC is sending money again, and senators like Hatch are refusing to condemn him. The GOP and Moore deserve each other. May they ride off into the sunset, hand in hand, as the Republican Party destroys itself.
                        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                        - SeattleUte

Comment

Spoiler alert: the GOP is not going to refuse to seat Moore. Trump is endorsing him, the RNC is sending money again, and senators like Hatch are refusing to condemn him. The GOP and Moore deserve each other. May they ride off into the sunset, hand in hand, as the Republican Party destroys itself.
                          :rockon2:
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Here is the proof on Moore...

Woman shares new evidence of relationship with Roy Moore when she was 17

Debbie Wesson Gibson was in her attic hauling out boxes of Christmas decorations last week when she noticed a storage bin she said she had forgotten about. Inside was a scrapbook from her senior year of high school, and taped to a page titled “Those Who Inspire” was a graduation card.

“Happy graduation Debbie,” it read in slanted cursive handwriting. “I wanted to give you this card myself. I know that you’ll be a success in anything you do. Roy.”
                            [...]
                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.01a94dce2858

Yep, Roy Moore gave this woman a graduation card when she was 17 and he was in his 30s. Shameful.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You've got to be more calculating than that, NWC! No wonder you're such a rube.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

You've got to be more calculating than that, NWC! No wonder you're such a rube.
                                You’re right. I’m not used to the seven-dimensional chess that leads to so much winning
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X