No announcement yet.

Sochi 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I haven't been paying too much attention to the Olympics thus far and from Topper's recaps thought we bombed in the medal count. Turns out we're tied for 4th.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
      I haven't been paying too much attention to the Olympics thus far and from Topper's recaps thought we bombed in the medal count. Turns out we're tied for 4th.
      Well, in Vancouver we won the medal count. We're simply disappointing in Alpine Skiing, speedskating, half pipe, ski jumping, cross country skiing and of course curling.

Fourth is not even third, no bronzes for fourth place, Dude.
      "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• boring, boring, boring and boring. Even the figure skating is lame-- skaters performing the same jumps and stunts as last year, and the year before.

I dont even feel patriotic when all the competitors on the ice are enrolled at the University of Michigan, or University of Colorado. They all look American.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
          boring, boring, boring and boring. Even the figure skating is lame-- skaters performing the same jumps and stunts as last year, and the year before.

I dont even feel patriotic when all the competitors on the ice are enrolled at the University of Michigan, or University of Colorado. They all look American.
          There isn't much drama and NBC's production is awful. Their website is not easy to navigate and the commentators are subpar. I liked it when we had Jim McKay and ABC.

The time lag also makes for a boring production. We don't get live feeds unless you want to stream it. The Olympics have been a tradition for me for 46 years and this is one of the worst to watch thus far. Of course, Vonn being out drastically reduced the star quality, and Bode bombing made for two strikes. Usually we can count on speedskating to produce some excitement but not this time.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• And short track: They may as well have all the competitors pull a raffle ticket out of a box, and declare the winner that way.

Comment

And short track: They may as well have all the competitors pull a raffle ticket out of a box, and declare the winner that way.
              How Eddie Alvarez was not interfered with is beyond me. The rules enforcement is bewildering. Of course, all you need to watch is World Cup Soccer to see how poorly the rest of the world enforces rules equally.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabrockster View Post
                Guess that's what happens when you leave your eyes open in the shower in Sochi...
                Racist!

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk
                *Banned*

Comment

• Did Tiger's girlfriend go yet?
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    Did Tiger's girlfriend go yet?
                    Injured/not participating.
                    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

boring, boring, boring and boring. Even the figure skating is lame-- skaters performing the same jumps and stunts as last year, and the year before.
                      lol. yeah, it certainly isnt like years past when figure skating was all about new stuff all the time.
                      Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        lol. yeah, it certainly isnt like years past when figure skating was all about new stuff all the time.
                        Did they have figure skating in years past?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          Did they have figure skating in years past?
                          As a matter if fact, in years past, "figure skating" meant skating around over and over in figures, like circles or figure eights-- hence the term "figure" skating. At some point, they added the freestyle section, which was the only thing anybody ever watched, so they axed the figure part.
                          τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by All-American View Post
                            As a matter if fact, in years past, "figure skating" meant skating around over and over in figures, like circles or figure eights-- hence the term "figure" skating. At some point, they added the freestyle section, which was the only thing anybody ever watched, so they axed the figure part.
                            In fact, you never saw the skating of figure eights, only saw it reported. Yes, I was tortured years ago. Now, with the results known, I can blab the results so nobody will watch them in our house.

I am no fan of sports that aren't time or measured. Judged. Meh.
                            Last edited by Topper; 02-11-2014, 06:34 PM.

Comment

And short track: They may as well have all the competitors pull a raffle ticket out of a box, and declare the winner that way.
                              No doubt. I don't get the appeal of it. Train and train for a race of chance?

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                                In fact, you never saw the skating of figure eights, only saw it reported. Yes, I was tortured years ago. Now, with the results known, I can blab the results so nobody will watch them in our house.

I am no fan of sports that aren't time or measured. Judged. Meh.
                                I used to like pairs/ladies skating a lot and thought ice dancing was boring. Now I find myself enjoying the ice dancing a lot more than the other figure skating events.

Comment

Working...
                                X